Talk

Advanced search

Brotherly guinea love!

(6 Posts)
FauxFox Wed 22-Mar-17 17:16:14

My three rescue boars are settling in so well - the scaley one is glossy, dandruff free and his sore patch is all gone smile

They are getting tamer and enjoying themselves generally but this afternoon they had a bit of an argument...I put them in a run on the grass and after an hour or so Ozzie came over all amorous and started trying to hump his bros who were not best pleased confused he got short shrift and a nipped ear which bled a bit...do I need to worry or will he get the message and stop molesting the others?!

EastMidsGPs Wed 22-Mar-17 18:09:34

Thankfully I only have girls and all they do is bicker .. bit like human girls really hmm

FernieB Wed 22-Mar-17 18:23:08

They should soon sort themselves out. They'll establish a pecking order and this may involve some humping and nipping unfortunately. It's their version of sibling rivalry and squabbling.

FauxFox Wed 22-Mar-17 19:49:39

Thanks for replying - they seem to have forgiven him for now, he was darting about all over the place and sneaking up trying to mount them! Hilarious 😂 a pile of carrots has restored the peace 😊

ThomasandFriends Mon 27-Mar-17 10:31:54

When I first got my boys quite a lot of humping went on, especially when I put them in the kitchen to play. I remember one day feeling that I really couldn't love one of them who spent the entire time jumping on his brothers, but then the next day they ended up having a threesome with him on the bottom, so I forgave him and felt sorry for him instead. But it really didn't last long with them.

My girls, however.... Got them at a year old and had them two years so far. From time to time am woken during the night by H chasing P around the cage, wanting to jump on her. Much squeaking comes forth from P who does not think this behaviour is entirely appropriate! Less often (but not unknown) P will hump H. Unsurprisingly, H isn't keen, but will not learn that maybe she shouldn't do it to her sister!

FauxFox Mon 27-Mar-17 12:52:30

I think Ozzie has learnt his lesson for now! They are so funny 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now