Talk

Advanced search

Possible chest infection in my GP

(12 Posts)
Trottersindependenttraders Wed 22-Mar-17 09:58:02

Poor Fuzzbert, started with a wheeze yesterday afternoon, got worse and I've taken him to our vets this morning. She's kept him in to nebulize (sp!!) him, inject him with antiobiotics and a steroid. Poor Fuzz, he's such a sweetheart. Have left him with his buddy, Moo, for company.

How do these little critters bury into our hearts so. I know chest infections and GPs are not a good combination so I need vibes from you small furries to get him better sad

FernieB Wed 22-Mar-17 12:17:36

Keeping all paws crossed here for Fuzzbert (cool namewink - also love Moo). Hopefully with a bit of pampering at the vet, he'll perk up again.

Trottersindependenttraders Wed 22-Mar-17 13:45:09

Thanks Fernie, they are home and chilling. Less wheezy for now and tucked into his pepper very enthusiastically (after telling me off for daring to pick him up on his return). I'll take that, last night he didn't grumble at all. Or eat, so this is an improvement. Back at the vets tomorrow for round 2.

FernieB Wed 22-Mar-17 16:54:11

Good news that he's eating. Nothing more upsetting than a pig that turns its nose up at food. Usually they can always 'squeeze a few more bits in'.

EastMidsGPs Wed 22-Mar-17 18:13:26

Piggie chest infections can be nasty. Good news Fuzzbert (agreed great name) is less wheezy and eating.
They can get well, so stay positive, our Moll has had two nasty chest infections we were convinced they'd see her off .. she's still here. Sometimes she sounds like an old boiler and grunts when she runs. She solved this by never running anywhere!
Vet says she's fine.

FernieB Wed 22-Mar-17 18:21:05

Running is a young pig's gamegrin

Trottersindependenttraders Wed 22-Mar-17 22:34:18

Thanks both. These pigs don't run either, they do a good line in sitting on their sizeable behinds and eating though grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 23-Mar-17 21:43:37

Aw poor Fuzzbert .
They are vunerable (I blame their low slung lardy barrel like bodies) and they don't do well in damp.
Everyone who tells me "In the wild they cope with XYZ" ........well South America is dry/cold not like the UK , and the lifespan of a native guinea in SA (if they escape being eaten? )

Our Bert (non Fuzz but he is a Teddy grin ) and the ladies send paw holds .

FernieB Fri 24-Mar-17 13:01:50

How's Fuzzbert doing?

Trottersindependenttraders Fri 24-Mar-17 20:35:46

Ah, thanks 70 and Fernie. Do you know, I think he is doing okay at the moment. He's had 3 days of nebuliser, injected antibiotics and anti inflammatory plus oral antibiotics and he's eating us out of house and home, grumbling, strutting and chatting. So I can only hope he's on the mend. Vet said his chest was clear, going back on Monday so she can have another listen and check him over.

Not sure where the infection came from, they live inside and are incredibly pampered and spoilt. You are right 70, their plump barrel like bodies are to blame!

EastMidsGPs Sat 25-Mar-17 13:39:15

You do realise he'll become addicted to the metacam don't you ?
He'll fake illness to get his next fix grin

Trottersindependenttraders Sat 25-Mar-17 16:28:25

He does lick his lips after it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now