Talk

Advanced search

Paws crossed for Current Bun

(27 Posts)
FernieB Fri 17-Mar-17 19:03:24

Poor Current Bun has had the indignity of a thorough check up at the vets today. My lovely boy hasn't been eating. He's on critical care and enough meds to keep a guinea pig happywink. Sadly he doesn't enjoy meds as much as piggies do.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 17-Mar-17 19:47:41

Awww Current Bun sad

Are his teeth okay? They don't give up scoffing unless they're poorly, wee soul.

Guineas are utter turds to get Critical Care down, I'm hazarding a guess that rabbits aren't a picnic.

When GP4 was on her last days she still went up to the food like she wanted to eat but she didn't attempt to eat.
We were CC morning, teatime,night and in the early hours.
It is hard going but crossing all paws that he rallies.
We had some carrot flavoured paste Fibreplex which they seemed to tolerate too.

shamrock < clover

<<Hmmmm he was fine till MadamPig came on the scene d'you think she's stealing his air/food/marbles>>

FernieB Fri 17-Mar-17 20:13:50

He had a very thorough examination. His temperature, heart, teeth, blood sugar etc are all fine. It's his digestive system which isn't firing on all cylinders. He does not like critical care, but I'm managing to get some down him (and all down his chins). Just have to see how he is in the morning.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 17-Mar-17 21:47:41

There was a post on SFA about coriander being good for ailing rabbits.
He might need to have it minced and mixed into the CC if he's not eating .

Thanks Lucky Stars for 24 hour Tesco and they sell gin and cake

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 17-Mar-17 21:54:06

When my bun was very poorly and being syringe fed she was randomly overjoyed to receive some dandilion leaves and yummed them up.

Worth a try?

EastMidsGPs Sat 18-Mar-17 07:43:49

Oh no ... .
come on current bun, buck up your ideas and get eating 🐇... spring starts on Monday and you need to be fit in readiness..

He hasn't eaten too much St Patrick's shamrock has he ? 😉😉

Positive, healing vibes winging their way from S&M .. 🐹🐹

FernieB Sat 18-Mar-17 13:53:15

So during the course of the morning, he's eaten a bit of cabbage, some parsley and coriander, some newspaper and a bit of cardboardblush. He's stared gloomily at a dandelion leaf and viciously assaulted a carrot. I'm still giving him the CC - poor boy. I'm becoming overly obsessed with his litter tray.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 18-Mar-17 14:12:31

Good news that he's eating but I reckon the CC will need to continue because bunnies usually eat loads of hay , he'll need to keep up. (And it gives hime a legitimate reason -not that he needs one- to give you an Evil Glare)

He can harness his inner General Woundwart from Watership Down

No such thing as overly obsesed with droppings , they give a huge insight to what is going on inside the SFA. You can see if anything passes that they might have eaten (plastic or similar) and if they're loose, dehydrated,mucousy (TMI blush )

Has he got to go back to the vet?

FernieB Sat 18-Mar-17 14:40:17

He's been back to the vet this morning and has been given more meds. And we're back again next week. Poor boy is very grumpy.

dietcokeandwine Sat 18-Mar-17 17:26:44

Oh poor Current Bun sad

Hope he rallies soon Fernie

FernieB Sun 19-Mar-17 16:37:58

Update - we're still on CC and meds which Current Bun hates. He's eating bits of kale, so I've been out and bought 2 different kinds plus the kind of bunny treats he normally only gets at Christmas. Plus he's got fancy hay. He's sharing with the pigs so they don't,get jealous. There are deposits in his litter tray but they're no where near normal. Back to the vets tomorrow.

FernieB Sun 19-Mar-17 16:38:24

Tried him with coriander - apparently it's evilconfused

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 19-Mar-17 17:52:20

Take a photo of his droppings to show the vet (by not normal d'you mean the size or the appearance? )

Tell Current Bun that coriander is meant to be a medicine not a treat (it made my boars fight so maybe there's something that boils their blood) and medicine by its definition is unpalateable (unless its Post Castration Painkillers which GP3 practically arm wrestled me for)

Is he well hydrated? Our vet adviced syringing water for GP4, she was having sloppy CC but missed the fluid from veg.

Good Luck at the vets smile

EastMidsGPs Mon 20-Mar-17 17:29:15

Any news?

FernieB Mon 20-Mar-17 18:19:22

Poor Current Bun has had a dental op today. He's feeling very groggy and sorry for himself at the moment. We're plying him with all his favourite foods and trying to tempt him to eat. He's managing the odd nibble.

EastMidsGPs Mon 20-Mar-17 18:41:26

Ah the old I've been lying on a heat pad syndrome .. I really do need you to make a total fuss of me smile
Let's hope today's trauma will result in a rapid improvement in CB's health and normal eating will resume asap.

EastMidsGPs Wed 22-Mar-17 18:08:06

How's the patient today?

FernieB Wed 22-Mar-17 18:19:17

Thanks for asking after him East. He's back to the vet tomorrow and I really don't know what's best for him. He's eaten a small amount of hay, half a biscuit and a few nibbles of a popcorn chew stick, plus some kale and a tiny bit of carrot. In desperation I did just offer him some of the pig nuggets (he loves to steal them if he can) and he ate three. He's having his meds and tummy massages (which he seems to like) and I've ground up some of his nuggets and biscuits and mixed them in with the CC to make it taste nicer and try to encourage him to eat normally. It's slow going, but he's no where near eating as normal yet. He is hopping around and cleaning himself and acting fairly normal though.

EastMidsGPs Thu 23-Mar-17 18:11:30

Hopeful once the pain from his dental work disappears he'll eat normally again.
Just have to keep preserving

EastMidsGPs Thu 23-Mar-17 18:12:15

And that means you Current Bun 🐇

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 23-Mar-17 21:37:55

Poor Current Bun, he's had full on, invasive , things down his throat and thermometers up his bum surgery.

He needs lots of TLC and for Those Bloody Pigs wink to respect his convalescence time.

Good to hear he's moseying about, sounds like he's s-l-o-w-l-y making strides.

Tell him this thread appeared in the MN Talk (blue box on the Homepage) yesterday so obvs all of MN is behind him. grin

He needs to get in gear before Easter (the guineas reckon that rabbits work one weekend a year )

FernieB Fri 24-Mar-17 12:58:51

Totally true about working one weekend. Current Bun used to do Easter but has retired now. The pigs are out working in the garden at the moment - 7 days a week they work, no days off, not paid overtime and even when they go on holiday, they have to do gardening at the hotelblush

He's been back to the vet today and has maintained his weight which is good. I'm not sure how as he only appears to have eaten a small amount of kale, some carrot and a lot of cardboard. He's had some antibiotics for a slight snuffle he's picked up and another injection because it's just funwink. I'm hoping he'll pick up over the weekend.

FernieB Fri 24-Mar-17 13:00:52

He can't believe he 'blue boxed' - surely there are much more important talking points at the moment. Obviously he thinks he is the most important thing.

EastMidsGPs Sat 25-Mar-17 13:43:35

Sun us shining, it's quite warm out, spring is here, come on FB you can get well soon, there's parsley showing and fresh grass that needs eating.

EastMidsGPs Sat 25-Mar-17 13:46:23

CB not FB .. this phone a autocorrects at will

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now