Talk

Advanced search

Rabbit thinks she's pregnant...is she?

(6 Posts)
beaverbill Fri 10-Mar-17 16:47:43

My girl rabbit is happily in a relationship with a very handsome, older, castrated boy rabbit! She's pretty grumpy though!
Over the last few days she's pulled lots of fur out (I believe to make a nest). I picked her up this morning to put her in the run for the day with him, however when I picked her up I felt definite nipples! Could she be pregnant? How else could I know? They have been together over 2 years with no issues, he doesn't even hump her anymore (because she is so grumpy I suspect!) (I don't blame him either!)

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 10-Mar-17 16:49:35

Mine does the nest thing. She has a strawberry cat bed and it's filled with her furs.

She also has nipples.

She's never seen a male bunny.

Quartz2208 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:52:26

Phantom pregnancies are very common in rabbits

ChestnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Fri 10-Mar-17 16:53:03

Has she been spayed? If not you need to get her done as unspayed rabbits will almost certainly get a uterine cancer before the age of 5.

beaverbill Fri 10-Mar-17 17:40:44

No she hasn't been spayed, our previous girl was but this one hasn't been..I think I'll call the vet!
Yes, I read about phantom pregnancies, I suspect that's what it is. I feel for the poor boy, she's the grumpiest thing ever even when her hormones are normal!

ChestnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Fri 10-Mar-17 17:58:50

Yes get her done. It's a natural response to spring starting. You'll find she will do it at this time every year. Once spayed it should stop. Spaying will calm her down generally and make her easier to live with, as well as considerable health benefit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now