Talk

Advanced search

Collecting my piggies today!

(14 Posts)
FauxFox Fri 10-Mar-17 06:59:30

So excited! I'm rehoming three brother guineas and I get to go and pick them up today! Had pigs before but not for the last few years and I'm so excited to have those cute furry chaps back in my life grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 10-Mar-17 10:07:39

Ooooh grin new piggies .

Boars are lovely (much more soppy and needy than sows IME- or maybe that's just our Lardy Boars)

You will need to post Pigtures as soon as they're home once they're settled.
Lots of room for boars.
Let them have settling in time.
They'll assert their Pecking Order .

And prepare your fridge to be a Healthy Salad'n'Veg Fridge from now on grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 10-Mar-17 10:08:19

And MN Nick Names for your boys of course .

FauxFox Fri 10-Mar-17 11:14:29

They are home! I love boars too 70 they have such personality! They were arguing in the crate on the way home but now installed in new hutch and very quiet...one has a bald patch so I've treated all three with anti-parasite in case but it might just be that they were getting a bit stressed - the previous owner didn't have time for them and they were in a 4ft stacked with lots of rabbit hutches...they have two storey 5ft lux abode now so hopefully will be happy! They are Elvis (black with quiff) Ozzie (patchwork smooth) and a ginger smooth who was called Merlin but I'm renaming him Ziggy to go with his rock star siblings grin will get photos when they get brace enough to come out of hiding!

FauxFox Fri 10-Mar-17 11:51:37

And for MN purposes they can be collectively known as 'the 3 little pigs' grin

FauxFox Fri 10-Mar-17 15:19:17

Aw they are settling in so well, exploring and munching and chatting with each other - lovely pigs 😊 I've cuddled them all - two spoke to me but only one relaxed enough to eat a dandelion leaf - one is very shy but he's the one with the poorly bit of skin so might feel better in a few days...he's fine in the hutch though so I'm not too worried 😊

EastMidsGPs Fri 10-Mar-17 17:13:56

🐹🐹🐹 aaawwwwww

FauxFox Fri 10-Mar-17 18:09:56

Here they are - Elvis has unhelpfully given us a rear view but you can see the others smile they have made it up the ramp (Elvis was last and was so confused about where the other two had gone to - I fear he is none too bright grin) I am leaving them to snuggle up and eat their bed and will see them in the morning.

EastMidsGPs Fri 10-Mar-17 18:40:59

I 💖💖💖 Ziggy's dark ears.
If there was Tinder for piggies S & M would be frantically swiping right🐾🐾

FauxFox Fri 10-Mar-17 18:53:08

Ziggy is very cute, he is apparently the dominant one but so far he's the most timid so we'll see...

dietcokeandwine Fri 10-Mar-17 20:19:17

Oh they are gorgeous FauxFox

Ziggy is super cute. Well they all are, of course, but there's just something about a ginger pig smile Tend to be lovely and calm and snuggly in my experience (have had four ginger pigs over the years and they have without exception been very sweet natured, although it could have just been luck!).

Hope they all settle in well!

FauxFox Fri 10-Mar-17 21:18:01

I will try and get a front view of Elvis tomorrow - he has a ginger stripe up his face that somehow makes him look like s tiny plump horse grin

FauxFox Sat 11-Mar-17 18:21:35

Here they are 💖 Had a nice day and have learnt to go up and down the ramp in the cage 😊

I put them in the run on the lawn and they were terrified so will maybe leave that for a few days...they had a nap to recover and came down for a grass pile feast at 6ish so I think I am forgiven grin

FauxFox Sat 11-Mar-17 18:25:06

Still not a very good pic of Elvis... he has a scaly patch as I said - pic attached - is there anything anyone would recommend to help or shall I watch and wait for a while to see if he improves?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now