Talk

Advanced search

Which feed, toys and other equipment do you recommend for young rabbits and where do you get them?

(10 Posts)
TheScottishPlay Fri 20-Jan-17 15:24:12

We are about to adopt two eight week old does. We got rid of everything when our old boy died last year so starting completely afresh.
We have an indoor pen so far. Any help appreciated.

Sweepingchange Fri 20-Jan-17 15:27:13

Look on the Rabbit Welfare Association website; lots of helpful advice on there. Good luck!

TheScottishPlay Fri 20-Jan-17 15:37:33

Will do. Thank you.

FernieB Fri 20-Jan-17 19:52:29

Boxes and plenty of them. I've tried lots of toys over the years but basically boxes win. They can be tunnels, houses or just chewed and thrown about. I did have one bun who loved a football and would push it round with her nose. She also liked balloons and once she worked out how to pop them, thought that was brilliant - she was a bit odd.

Sweepingchange Tue 24-Jan-17 08:40:08

Tree stumps of various heights are good (mine like jumping on and off them).

Fruit tree branches to gnaw on are a good idea too and hay or fabric tunnels.

Passthecake30 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:52:40

Plastic stools, plastic tunnels (pets at home have extendable ones) and a big pile of newspaper to rip.

Good luck!

ItsTimeForDuggee Fri 27-Jan-17 17:55:14

I get Bits from all over the place for mine I can recommend Barks and bunnies, viovet, hay experts, small paws playtime, manor pet housing. I get all my hay from Timothyhay.co.uk

TheScottishPlay Fri 27-Jan-17 19:10:13

Thanks everyone. We pick up our new additions next week when they are 9 weeks.
ItsTime, I love Small Paws Playtime! DS wants to get a train for them.

AlwaysaNortherner Fri 27-Jan-17 19:16:06

Ours always love cardboard boxes more than any expensive shop toys. Like small children grin They also have a blanket which they like to "dig" and pull around. We feed them Burgess Excel pellets, which there's a special junior version of. Plus lots of hay, I get mine from timothyhay.co.uk as well or The Hay Experts.

Passthecake30 Tue 31-Jan-17 13:33:17

Forgot to say we use the pets @ home complete food, Hay, and lots of veg (a good mug each a day)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now