Talk

Advanced search

What's the best/funniest/worst names of pets that you know of?

(80 Posts)
TheJediSmurf Sun 25-Sep-16 15:21:23

Just being nosey really grin I once met someone who's dogs' names were Gin and Tonic grin quite good names really but a bit naff I thought. Also dd (13) had a friend who named her rabbit Hell! What were her parents thinking?!?! grin shock

Oops just realised maybe this wasn't the right place to start this thread ?? hmm (new to mn BTW)

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 25-Sep-16 15:27:26

My aunts dog was called 'Nameless' for nearly 15 years. They found him as a youngster and didn't want to give him a name and get attached as they def weren't keeping him!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 25-Sep-16 17:07:42

There are lots of cats called Dave around (which seems to be the coolest cat name)

My DD wouldn't allow me to call two of our guinea-pig boars Boris or Malcolm sad
I have two guineas called Oreo and Tarragon which is pretty cool, yes?

dontpokethebear Sun 25-Sep-16 17:10:32

My husband had a Guinea pig called Jacqui when he was younger.

Also had friends with a dachshund called Alan.

iklboo Sun 25-Sep-16 17:19:04

My parents' cat was called 'Lickie Wah Wah'. So called because he couldn't miaow, just make a little 'wah' noise.

Thankfully he was an indoor cat. There was no way I was shouting that round the rough arse estate where we used to live.

Soubriquet Sun 25-Sep-16 17:21:19

My grandparents used to have a dog called Lobo (low-bow)

Not sure where that came from

pinkieandperkie Sun 25-Sep-16 17:22:45

I smile to myself when I hear my neighbour calling her cat in. His name is Nobby.

iklboo Sun 25-Sep-16 17:24:06

Lobo is Spanish for wolf

Soubriquet Sun 25-Sep-16 17:25:09

Ah!! That clears that up

I always wondered why

I thought it was just an odd name

iklboo Sun 25-Sep-16 17:26:21

It's a good name smile

Soubriquet Sun 25-Sep-16 17:28:53

Now I know what it means it's an excellent name

They were quite imaginative at times

A cat called Tetley because he used to shred open the tea bags and roll in the leaves

Another cat called Toshka. It was originally called Tasha. It lived with my nans mum but she couldn't care for it anymore. When they got the cat they realised it wasn't female so renamed it to Toshka

queenc81 Sun 25-Sep-16 17:28:54

I'm bad at pet naming

Had 3 hamsters called Chardonnay, Tiffany and Bruno.

Cat called digger.

Hamster names were from footballers wife era and eastenders.

rugbychick1 Sun 25-Sep-16 17:30:41

We had cats when I was younger. The first was called Snoopy, the second was called Elizabeth, shortened to Lizzy (guess who was a child during the Queen's Silver Jubilee-showing my age now)

Onedaftmonkey Sun 25-Sep-16 17:31:40

The worst name was my grans dog. (Back in the 50's.) Think the most racist name you could EVER have for a black collie. Then abriviate it (first three letters) then add nog. am thoroughly ashamed. Thankfully she never mentioned it to friends. Awful awful name.

The best was our name for 2 cats. Smokey and Bandit.

PurpleDaisies Sun 25-Sep-16 17:34:04

I had a Dave the guinea pig (pic). He was a legend.

If we get another male guinea he'll be Vincenzo Nibili (after the cyclist who has the best human pet name ever!).

Our friends have chickens called Deirdre, Betty, and Henrietta. The purple pigs all have old lady names.

Scoose Sun 25-Sep-16 17:34:57

My mums dog is called nutter and she lives up to her name grin

elQuintoConyo Sun 25-Sep-16 17:38:44

I know two sausage dogs called Onion and Gravy.

We are getting a dog next month, I want to call it Pincho. DS wants to call it Woofy hmm

We used to have a rabbit named Woody (after Woodstock, Snoopy's feathery friend). And a hamster called Foomf grin

duskonthelawn Sun 25-Sep-16 17:38:59

Relative of DP had a dog called Deeojee grin

BipBippadotta Sun 25-Sep-16 17:40:03

Lots of terrible pet names in my family. Growing up I had a cat called Pneuma & a poodle called Psyche (Ancient Greek enthusiast parents). We later had a rescue dog named Snodgrass.

My grandmother had a chocolate lab named Kate. But she also had 2 granddaughters named Kate, which made this a particularly odd choice.

Soubriquet Sun 25-Sep-16 17:41:27

Ah yes I know someone who had a racist name dog too but that was more about him the human

His nickname was Snowy. He had a little black dog called.. Well I'm sure you can guess. Begins with a W and add a y for it to go with Snowy

DixieWishbone Sun 25-Sep-16 17:42:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThePortlyPinUp Sun 25-Sep-16 17:44:38

We have a ferret called Alan.

choccyfiend78 Sun 25-Sep-16 17:45:20

Our local bar used to have a cat named ceefur ( c for cat!) and I have heard one of the regulars copied it for their dog who was called deefur!

Also know a sausage dog called bisto grin

pointlessperson Sun 25-Sep-16 17:47:54

I really want to name my next pet askit

acatcalledjohn Sun 25-Sep-16 17:48:39

I do know of a Fatty Boom Boom and a Desmond. Both are cats.

And an old neighbour from my childhood had a budgie named Rambo grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now