Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bum, one of my guinea=pigs got henna on himself .....

(22 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 20:30:07

Our lovely boar (not the sharpest knife in the drawer but this wasn't his doing)

My head is full of Lush Henna (at least it's not a box dye ) DD was cuddling him and we decided to cut his claws. When I bent to his paws , he threw his nose up onto my hairwrap (there's clingfilm too, he's determined eh?)

Yried to clean as much as possible but little soul has a 'Noire' nose.
I've been Googling, all the answers are about eating henna,the black tattoo henna that contains hairdye and Lushs Non Animal Test Policy. (none of which applies)

Any other part of him would be in the bath but I don't think washing his nose is a safer alternative to inadvertantly dyeing him.

I feel the wrath of Bert upon us blush

DearMrDilkington Sat 20-Aug-16 20:34:56

I'd keep a close eye on him tonight. How has he been acting since?

DearMrDilkington Sat 20-Aug-16 20:35:43

Can you post photo on here so I can see how much he has on him and because I love guinea pigs?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 20:36:00

Exhibit A: I think he's trying to turn himself Himalayan.

HoneyDragon Sat 20-Aug-16 20:37:28

For one glorious moment I though you had a Guinea Pig called Bum, and were the coolest pig owner ever.

SuburbanRhonda Sat 20-Aug-16 20:38:50

honey

grin

DearMrDilkington Sat 20-Aug-16 20:39:00

Oh his beautifulgrin. He hasn't got as much on him as I expected so I'm sure he'll be fine, just keep an eye on him tonight. If you have other guinea pigs he might be teased for a bitwink.

HoneyDragon Sat 20-Aug-16 20:39:56

Oh he's cute, I don't think their tongues reach their noses do they so he's not going to ingest it?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 20:40:09

He was appeased by some supper, we got as much as possible off with wet paper towels. It was watery henna drip from my sweaty little forhead not full on thick henna (thankfully)

Hard to tell how he's feeling, he was as judgey as blazes with the clean up shock

Do I need to email the CEO of Lush and tell him I've sullied their Non Animal Policy?

EastMidsGPs Sat 20-Aug-16 20:41:44

Oh Bert 💖💖🐹

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 20:42:19

His wives (four of them) will take the royal p* from him for sure wink

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 20:45:51

Honey I'm not calling my guinea pig Bum purely for the reason that our Very Nice Guinea Vet calls them in the waiting room by their names.

"Can we have BumIsALimitNotATarget please" ..........]blush] no.

HoneyDragon Sat 20-Aug-16 20:48:22

I have a dog called Hullygully. I live for the awkward pause and double checking before she's called in grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 20:48:24

He's DD guinea-pig, she takes all the responsibilty <<phew>> no lawsuits.

FernieB Sat 20-Aug-16 21:26:47

Does it count as 'testing on animals' if the animal volunteered? Sounds like Bert was up for animal testing and nobly sacrificed himself to make sure his human would be safe using a product. It will cost you a lot of veggrin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Aug-16 21:38:09

Fernie I've been using Lush henna since Easter so if he wanted to check it out for me he's about 4-5 months too late grin nothing of mine has dropped off (might have slumped a bit but that's gravity)

DD got lipstick on GP5 when she kissed her (Urban Decay no less, I can't afford UD but my guinea pig wore it) you can imagne how pleased she was (Not) to be wiped.

Bert hasn't sent an urgent text to the Rescue so I think we're in the clear wink

ErrolTheDragon Sat 20-Aug-16 21:47:39

My assumption when I read the thread title was that HoneyDragon had piggies...

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 21-Aug-16 22:20:50

My hair is gorgeous chocolate brown, soft and springy (its in a short croppy style)

Bert is still sporting a sludge green muzzle.

I win wink

FernieB Mon 22-Aug-16 08:07:42

It's camouflage so he can hide in grass from predators or humans trying to make him go in at night.

My vet also calls the animals by name, although it would be difficult for anyone to tell as most of the pets seem to have person names now.

EastMidsGPs Mon 22-Aug-16 17:00:11

Quickly learned to give my piggies human names after visit to vet resulted in Squeak EastMids was called out to busy waiting room blush

fortifiedwithtea Tue 23-Aug-16 13:08:23

How is Bert today, is he still rocking the Himmy look? grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 26-Aug-16 21:51:08

The henna has faded (my hair still looks gorgeous though wink ) but DD noticed that the Himmy (GP5) has developed some little tufts of chocolate brown at the front of her ears (where they meet her head)

And she's been nowhere near the henna grin

I frantically read up on "Why Himmys change colour" , they lose colour in older age,illness,injury. Gain darker points in cold weather.
Which is the opposite to her. She's getting older but darker and it's not cold.
She does look sweet though, little angry looking eyebrows ........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now