Worried about Sadie ...any clues?

(7 Posts)
EastMidsGPs Thu 11-Aug-16 16:47:27

I am not sure if I am worrying unnecessarily or not but our Sadie has been a bit 'off' these last couple of days. She's about 15 months old and usually very boisterous. Doesn't talk much, bit of clucking here and there and we did have month recently of wheeking but seems she got bored with that.
She has a great friend in Mollie, gets out to play every day the weather is kind and has lots to stop her getting bored.
BUT for the last 3 days she's really ignored us, wouldn't eat the parsley she'd normally kill her grandmother for and hasn't been bothered about cuddles even with her hero DH.
She's eating quickly and all her normal food, peeing and pooing normally, has no lumps, cuts etc doesn't flinch at any point when touched and her hair is soft and silky as usual and it's all there.
But she is totally off with us and doesn't look happy with us but is fine on her houseand sits waiting for attention as always.
Any clues as to why she seems miserable??
Have booked an appointment at the vet's for Saturday... but am sure as there is nothing concrete to report, they will think I bonkersconfused

EastMidsGPs Fri 12-Aug-16 21:17:34

We think we've solved the mystery and all now seems back to normal.
DH was given new work uniform a couple of weeks ago. He moaned the material was rough and prickely. Having not improved this with normal washing I bought different wash tablets. So last wash of both our work clothes and everything else was with these.
We think it must be the different smell of our clothes that's unsettled Sadie .. when cuddling, carrying and just being in close proximity ... we both had a day off today, a gardening in old clothes day and when in contact with us, has been back to her old self 😃
Such a relief, was half expecting to find her dead of no obvious cause!
Mollie obviously couldn't care less what we wash our clothes in.

They do like to worry us😞😞

FernieB Sat 13-Aug-16 10:22:00

Glad Sadie's fine. Perhaps it would be best if you stopped doing laundry as it clearly upsets her wink

EastMidsGPs Sat 13-Aug-16 11:49:54

gringringrin

froubylou Sat 13-Aug-16 11:52:26

Funny Sadie. She obviously doesn't like the new stuff.

EastMidsGPs Sat 13-Aug-16 17:01:57

We kept the Vet appointment just in case. No illness or anything to be found AND Sadie was more than happy to have cuddles with both the nurse and Dr Chris sigh
Really do think supermarket own brand wash tablets were the problem .. every day's a school day 😃

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 13-Aug-16 21:43:10

Ooh poor Sadie (having to cuddle Dr Chris just so that he didn't feel surplus and un-needed grin )

We use Ecowash or nothing at all on anything we wash for the pigs to sleep on but I hadn;t considered the detergent I use on the Human Clothes.
Yes they are respiratory sensitive little mammals so good that the mystery is solved ( process of elimination sometimes to get answers but what a huge relief when you do ) smile

Extra dandelions all round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now