Talk

Advanced search

Would you put sudocrem on a pet? Rabbit with sore skin

(7 Posts)
PocketWatch Mon 08-Aug-16 11:52:01

Hi, one of my little rabbits has very sore feet. They've been checked by the vets for parasites and there aren't any, it's just very sore and red and she's lost the fur in that area. The vet gave me some cream for her feet but said it's very important that the rabbit doesn't lick her paw once the cream on. I read the information leaflet that came with the cream and it's pretty potent stuff with some nasty side effects, I'm not even allowed to touch the stuff and have to wear gloves. Of course, as soon as the cream's on she's licking it so I had to stop using it. The poor feet are getting worse now, it's spreading up her legs. Anyway, I've always found sudocrem to be good for all sorts of sore skin on us humans. Just wondering if anyone has used sudocrem on their pets and whether or not it's safe.
Thanks in advance for any replies smile

Missgraeme Sun 14-Aug-16 20:06:30

Always used to use Germolene on my dog and cats years ago. Don't know if it's still around! Have used sudocreme on my dogs and they didn't lick it off! Have u tried bathing the feet in salty water? Have done this for sore pads on my dogs over the years.

EliCon Mon 15-Aug-16 12:28:27

Can't you put a cone or something on the pet? I think it doesn't matter what you put there, so long as it stays to do what it's supposed to do...

NarcyCow Mon 15-Aug-16 12:32:15

Germoline is now known as Bepantiseptic. It's not pink anymore and doesn't smell the same, thankfully.

I'd agree that a cone is a better bet. There's no point putting anything on there if she's just going to lick it off.

itsagirl2014 Sat 20-Aug-16 21:30:11

don't put a cone on the poor bunny, it'll end up with serious injuries.

Ditsyprint40 Tue 30-Aug-16 23:32:59

I put sudocrem on my bunny's head and she went bald!

GinBunny Tue 30-Aug-16 23:39:50

Speak to your vet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now