Talk

Advanced search

Piggies arriving today!!!

(13 Posts)
MaelstromOfLunacy Sun 17-Jul-16 08:21:31

These two beautiful boars arriving to live with us today grin very excited! They're a (very) early birthday present for me from DH - meet Guy and Mac

EastMidsGPs Sun 17-Jul-16 08:28:46

Ooooohhhh

I WANT baby piggies stamps feet 😃😃😃

How lovely and cute. Have always wanted black piggie and have never had one ... even have a name readywink

MaelstromOfLunacy Sun 17-Jul-16 08:31:48

You're probably not too far from me, we're also East Mids smile these are my first piggies - used to look after them at work and so excited!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 17-Jul-16 09:21:43

Welcome to Super Furry Animals "Guy and Mac" grin

They are Gorgeous there are few animals cuter than a guinea-piglet.

Either your boys have halos or the sun shines out of the little jet black ones bottom...................................................................I'll leave you to find out which grin

East I have names tucked into the darker corners of my mind, including a name for a jet black piggie.

EastMidsGPs Sun 17-Jul-16 09:24:24

70 wink
We'll have our day!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 17-Jul-16 09:39:18

Our GP2 was jet black (except two hairs, a fatty eye and the whitest teeth)
He was DS pig and got named "Ninja" because DS did karate and GP2 was a Black Belt smile
DS was a sadly lacking GP Dad and I reclaimed the piggie.
If he'd been mine from Day1 , he'd have been Bart (though if he was , our GP6 wouldn't be Bert) or Merlin.

My Black Guinea name is Bagheera (the black panther from the Jungle Book) . Yes, I look at a lardy hog and think "Ooh black panther" grin

Though, I did covet the name Tarragon (the Dragon from The Herbs) and that's GP8 name.

My DH isn't a huge pig fan. he'll buy food, cuddle them and do all the building/mending, but secretly, he likes cats and aims to get two once we're not pig keepers.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 17-Jul-16 09:43:19

Lunacy did you choose Mac and Guy or did DH?
It's funny when you get a piggie and you have no idea which ones you'll get or what they look like. That first cuddle is very strange.

GP6 went right up to my shoulder and did the cute leg thing where they dandle straight down. I turned to DD and said " DD...leg "
Then she cuddled him, he was home and dry. <<wipes away tear>>

MaelstromOfLunacy Sun 17-Jul-16 10:00:27

I did smile DH approves though - Green Wing fans in this house smile

EastMidsGPs Sun 17-Jul-16 11:13:51

Inca will be the name of any black gp that comes to live here although I also want a Loki at some point.
Sadie was going to be Bella (Isabella EastMids) but she didn't seem to be a Bella once settled in. But then neither did Mollie who was also to be Bellasmile as was Lulu before her.
Perhaps I am not destined to have Bella piggie!

MaelstromOfLunacy Sun 17-Jul-16 19:30:41

They're here!!!grin this is Mac. Guy is currently hiding but we have had a little cuddle so leaving them to get settle now. Love!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 17-Jul-16 19:48:06

They are gorgeous - tomorrow when you wake up, there will be a "Oooh what's different" then "Pigggggggggggggggies" grin

In a (very) short space of time they'll ask for breakfast - well that's what they call it. IRL , it's wheek the house down , chirp when the fridge door opens and do the cavy version of "WhatTimeD'YouCall THIS Then" if you're late wink

EastMidsGPs Sun 17-Jul-16 20:41:33

Oh my smilesmile.
Baby piggies ... just a word of warning .. they'll move like greased lightening when you're trying to catch them .. and are little blighters if they escape ..
But ignore all of this and enjoy them .. they'll soon show their different personalities grin

MaelstromOfLunacy Sun 17-Jul-16 20:59:56

And here's Guy smile they're being very good so far, happy to come for cuddles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now