Talk

Advanced search

Time for Rabbits!

(20 Posts)
FernieB Tue 21-Jun-16 09:04:37

It does seem to get a bit piggy-centric over here which is partly my fault probably because my pigs shout louder than the bunny. Current Bun is feeling left out. Anyone want to share (cotton)'tails' of their long eared, big footed, fluffy lumps bundles?

My boy saved me from certain death yesterday when he thumped to warn me of the approach of a particularly vicious looking fledgling bluetitconfused. Who knows what could have happened if he hadn't alerted me to that danger!

EastMidsGPs Tue 21-Jun-16 15:39:13

He is beautiful .. and such a hero. Special biscuits required as a treat for saving you 😃

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 21-Jun-16 22:09:54

Awww All Hail current Bun grin . Those Bluetit fledgling types are vicious, it could've gone Pete Tong if he hadn't been so vigilant.

We sometimes find shredded birds in the garden <<boak>> I ask my GP5 if she has something she'd like to share ? (Those ruby eyes, DD thinks she's a vampire, and she doesn't like sunlight)

"Nought to do with me" she tuts" And make sure you clean up the pigeon intestines before I graze. Thank You"

FernieB Tue 21-Jun-16 22:21:35

He's had extra biscuits for being so brave. Clearly the baby bluetit was concealing dangerous weapons underneath it's yellow fluff.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 21-Jun-16 22:25:15

Here's my bun.

She only has one ear but I still think she's beautiful.

FernieB Tue 21-Jun-16 22:32:37

She's a beautiful colour and has a very pretty face. Looks very intelligent.

What happened to her ear? I'm just curious hmm

Lindy2 Tue 21-Jun-16 22:37:07

My 2 enjoying some sunshine.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 21-Jun-16 22:39:03

Ear got infected. No idea how. One of those things.

She almost died. It was hideous. She's very special.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 21-Jun-16 22:44:07

Are rabbits with drooping ears more likely to get problems than bunnies with standy up ears?

Ones that are upright must be at risk of damage but are dependant ears more likely to to get overheated or wax build up (or trodden on if the rabbit catches them underpaw?)

My guineas think those long ears are just a liability and cavy lugholes are far tidier wink

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 21-Jun-16 22:46:54

I have no idea about the link between ear style and ear health.

But I do love bunny ears and am grateful for the one I have access to.

Flumpsnlumpsnstuff Tue 21-Jun-16 22:52:42

What a hero you bunny is, my girl doesn't have a tail but does think she can eat meat confused she also steals complete plates of food ! Currently she is on a diet and has decided on a dirty protest on my bloody sofa angry

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 21-Jun-16 23:06:24

I remember your post about your rabbit Joffrey (is she called 'Knives' or similar? )
It was a horrible situation for all concerned but thankfully she's still here to tell the tale , with her battle scars, but a trouper.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 21-Jun-16 23:10:37

Knives, yes. Named after Knives Chau.

She's lush.

FernieB Tue 21-Jun-16 23:13:11

Lots of gorgeous bunsgrin

Did a quick search and found an article about Lop ears http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/lop-or-not.html - if anyone's interested. Apparently Lops are more docile but prone to ear infections, tooth problems and find it more difficult to stay clean.

Previous bun was a lion head with upright ears - she ruled the house and could be quite aggressive with strangers. Current Bun is so docile (the pigs can climb him and he doesn't mind) but does have cleaning issues especially now he's a bit older.

midnightmoomoo Thu 23-Jun-16 08:46:57

Here's my two hiding in the bunny castle that DD made them!

midnightmoomoo Thu 23-Jun-16 08:47:56

Complete with flag!

FernieB Thu 23-Jun-16 21:12:08

Love it. Love the flaggrin. Rabbits look suitably impressed.

midnightmoomoo Thu 23-Jun-16 22:33:18

They have their own Instagram account too! grin

LolaStarr Thu 23-Jun-16 22:45:00

I have two. Walt is the brown one and Jesse is the black. They're about 2 years old and brothers. Couldn't be any more different personality wise, Walt is an absolute stress head and thumps at anything and everything, and Jesse is a laid back little sweetheart. Rubbish photos but they're the only ones I have on my phone. Love them both to bits smile

EastMidsGPs Fri 24-Jun-16 07:48:17

It was mybunnyisamummy's thread about her unexpected little of baby bunnies that brought me to MN smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now