Talk

Advanced search

Something is wrong with bunny - warning bit gross

(11 Posts)
romanrainsalot Thu 05-May-16 21:09:24

DH noticed she was moving oddly, one of her back legs - it looks like she is limping. He turned her over and there is a small hole underneath, on her abdomen and out of it is a long stringy substance/thing, quite thick, sort of if you squeeze toothpaste out of a tube, that size and consistency, but with three bulbous bits at the end. The hole is quite small, and looks clean.

Shes not herself, hiding behind the plant pot.

What do you think it could be? Infection, tumour, hernia? Will get her in vets in morning.

flippinada Thu 05-May-16 21:11:32

It sounds like it might be an infected wound, poor wee thing. It's it possible she's been bitten by another animal or injured herself?

FernieB Thu 05-May-16 21:17:29

Vet tomorrow I think for investigation. Poor bunny. Hope she's okayflowers. In the meantime, keep her warm and cosy with her favourite foods to eat.

romanrainsalot Thu 05-May-16 21:25:07

Its weird that's for sure. Its as if whatever it is has just fallen out - maybe an abcess or something? poor thing.

Don't think she's been injured by something else, all the local cats are scared of her and in the time we've had her, they've never entered the garden.

flippinada Thu 05-May-16 21:28:32

Whatever it is, I hope she's ok. It's such a worry when your pets are poorly flowers.

romanrainsalot Fri 06-May-16 20:48:06

She died. Was such a great bunny.

Floggingmolly Fri 06-May-16 20:49:58

Oh! sad. Do you know what happened?

JulesJules Fri 06-May-16 20:56:12

Oh no! I'm so sorry, what was wrong with her?
It's so awful to lose a pet 💐

romanrainsalot Fri 06-May-16 21:09:52

We don't know. Just found her this morning.

FernieB Fri 06-May-16 21:12:57

So sorry to hear this flowers. It's always very sad to lose a fluffy friend - they leave a gap. Hope you're okay.

flippinada Fri 06-May-16 21:22:26

Oh no, I'm so sorry. It's awful when you lose a much loved pet flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now