Has anybody got or seen the Outback Pagoda for guinea pigs?

(7 Posts)
Washediris Wed 17-Feb-16 07:57:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PippaHotamus Wed 17-Feb-16 08:02:11

link?

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 17-Feb-16 08:06:35

I've just googled it. I'd be worried about that open double height ramp and falling injuries.

PippaHotamus Wed 17-Feb-16 08:29:11

Same here, it's made for rabbits, they have v different needs

also it's spruce so will probably last a year or so. get something pressure treated.

Washediris Wed 17-Feb-16 09:04:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FernieB Wed 17-Feb-16 16:23:31

Looks lovely and decorative. I wouldn't put a pig in it though - they aren't really built for ramps and I could see my boys wandering round the veranda thing in the rain getting soaked. I wouldn't stick my rabbit in one either. It's not got a long enough run for a rabbit to stretch their legs and have a decent hop. Having said that, my Current Bun who has the range of the house and could have a big hop any time he likes, has spent the entire day asleep under the kitchen table.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 17-Feb-16 22:02:16

Looks nice but from a practical view - the area of the grass run isn't enough for greedy hogs without you having to move the entire pagoda to fresh grazing, unless you put it on concrete.

I'd want to secure it with tent pegs (I use the heavy thick pegs on our run) in case something knocks it over (and I never underestimate just how tenacious foxes are. Never seen a live badger but I don't rule them out)

And yes the ramps. Very steep, shallow and no side support. Unless I could enclose them and make them shallower and longer , mine just wouldn't .

How d'you catch them when you open the door and they're down in the run grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now