Talk

Advanced search

OK to travel 2 hours with hamster?

(3 Posts)
lottytheladybird Wed 03-Feb-16 10:18:46

We're going away for a few days during half-term and I thought it'd be nice to take our pet Syrian hamster with us. Will he be ok in the car with us for about 2 hours? Will he just sleep for the journey?

FernieB Wed 03-Feb-16 20:26:34

No ideas about hamsters but I would have thought they would sleep. They normally sleep during the day anyway don't they? Would it be easier to transport him to a friend or neighbour if you have a pet friendly one?

We actually used to take our much pampered rabbit on holiday with us. It was a 12 hour drive. She was fine but she did stay in a travel case at my feet with food and water given to her at regular intervals plus a long spell of sleeping on my knee. I wouldn't do that with my Current Bun, it wouldn't be kind to him, but Previous Bun was happy as long as I was in easy hopping distance.

Alexa444 Sat 20-Feb-16 20:00:36

He will probably get up to see what is going on then go back to sleep. As long as there is no screaming and shouting in the car he should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now