Talk

Advanced search

Gingerpig woofed at me!

(11 Posts)
FernieB Tue 08-Dec-15 14:04:41

I was just collecting him for his afternoon constitutional (run round the kitchen) and he made a noise which can only be described as a 'woof'.

Anyone else with a small furry animal that speaks other languages?

makemineasnowball Tue 08-Dec-15 14:11:24

You have a ginger pig? grin

fortifiedwithtea Tue 08-Dec-15 15:41:41

When Naughty Girl sings, she sounds like a bird chirping. But mainly she sounds like an old tramp sad. She regularly makes these loud sneezes followed by gobby cough splutters. Its a really disgusting noise and you'd think she was ill if it wasn't for the fact that she has done it since she was a baby.

Gingerpig ,woof very impressive. Probably his newest scheme to wind up Current Bun. Pretend to be a sheepdog and herd him off somewhere so he and Scruffy can play with Current Bun's things.

FernieB Tue 08-Dec-15 16:13:50

Gingerpig also makes coughy splutters. I used to think he was choking and rush to check him but he'd be happily munching something by the time I got there.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 08-Dec-15 17:15:34

Very envy at these Animals Speaking In Tongues (though I think from my Sunday School days it means they're Possessed grin )

I am still waiting <<taps foot>> for my females to sing (my only two Singing Guineas from years ago were the Mum Sows) Both of the 70 Sows have bred so they should be prime candidates , yes?

Gingerpig woofing grin sounds so cute. That animal is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle. He has Shire Horse ankles and a dog's vocal chords.

When ours go from the House-Pighouse or Pighouse- House they sound like a basket of chickens or racing pigeons depending on how arsey they feel.

clippityclop Sun 13-Dec-15 21:48:47

DH says our pair sound like budgies, especially when it's dinner time and they hear the fridge open. Poppy pig occasionally makes a weird cluck/cough sound when she wants to make point about something. Still no singing here but we live in hope.

Sherlockmaystealyourpug Mon 14-Dec-15 20:59:58

One of my boars woofed the other day! He was stamping on my feet as i was taking too long getting his veg at the fridge, the other is prone too the odd sneeze, which isnt a sneeze, and a cluck but only pig1 has ever woofed!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 16-Dec-15 14:07:24

GP1 (my DDs first pig) once sneezed in her mouth.............. envy <vom.

She was sitting with him at her neck, chatting. He sneezed without warning while her mouth was open.........................

We've had clucking (GP1/GP2 chatting up females in boarding)

Dove noises (GP3 to his new sows)

No singing, no woofing.

<<Glares at the 70 hogs>>

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 16-Dec-15 14:11:35

You have seventy guinea pigs shock

FernieB Wed 16-Dec-15 16:04:50

She wishes she had 70 piggiesgrin. Just think how neat the lawn would be (except for the poo piles)

Current Bun has just been running round in circles under the table making a noise which can only be described as a 'buzz'. Are my animals just odd?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 16-Dec-15 19:31:48

Could you imagine having 70 guinea-pigs? <<faints>>

Our GP6 wouldn't mind if it was him and a huge hareem of sows though.

Tries to imagine how many binbags of litter they'd produce. Bleaches brain,

And fernie. The answe is "Yes. They are. Odd."

With their buzzing/woofing/Scruffy Teas.

Odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now