Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Presents for The Super Furry Animals

(11 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 25-Nov-15 21:04:02

The 70 piggies have been good all year (they claim). Not sure about GP6, he came to live with us in April so I only have his word for it.

They have their new play area in the Pighouse (old bookcase that DH cut doors in to make a series of three 'rooms'. We put it on their soft straw bedding to keep it cosy and they love it grin )

I'm going to treat them to some Gorgeous Guineas Christmas Spice shampoo (though the guineas don't think that "treat" and "bath" exist in the same sentence)

They have a parsley bell in the indoor cage and a natty series of fleeces in their trug .

So, what's on the horizon for the Super Furries?
We have the hats.
They'll get their Christmas Veg
And they'll be obliged to pose for the Traditional Christmas Eve Photos.

fgrin

FernieB Thu 26-Nov-15 10:46:01

Your pigs must have really bad all year if all they're getting is shampoo shock. Wouldn't they rather have a lump of coal? They'd better be getting very generous helpings of Christmas veggies if you don't want them to report you for cruelty. Mine regard being forced to have a bath as an act of extreme torture and only copious supplies of curly leaf parsley (not that awful flat leaf stuff which is apparently only fit for sleeping on in an emergency) can make it tolerable.

Mine will have to endure a bath soon in time for their Christmas photo and Gingerpig will need a hair cut too. Not thought about presents yet. Current Buns been monitoring their behaviour and tells me they've been awful. I'm thinking large amounts of veggies and probably a parsley or dandelion bell for the pigs. Current bun might get a wooden box to eat/sleep in/perch on/try to throw!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 26-Nov-15 18:21:46

Ahh but the Christmas Spice shampoo will soften their fur,moisturise their skin and make them smell luffley. My piggie is a bit of a mank TBH.

She scarpers into the haybox, her cagemates scarper into the Bookcase , then she pretends the other tri-colours are "mean" and "nasty" leaving a "little ruby eyed pig to fend for herself".
What she doesn't know , is I watch them through the airvent in the door. I watch them all faffing about then they leg it when they hear me.

Veg and parsley is a given. Sprouts fenvy I might regret this.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 13-Dec-15 19:56:43

I saw some nice looking piggie food (Rosewood Naturals Meadow Menu) when I was buying their cookies (hay cookies not choc chip wink )

Might treat them to some alongside their usual pellets. Little toads hoover up their veg then spend the next eight hours complaining of malnutrition.
"You've got hay. You've got pellets" I tell them.

"Emmmmmmmpteeeeee" they chorus at the salad plate sad face.

No parsley bells yesterday though

PurpleDaisies Sun 13-Dec-15 20:02:55

The purple piggies also whinge if they haven't had veggies in the last four minutes. They are all neglected, poor sad pigs if you ask them but honestly, I do feed them well. We've been giving them sprouts for the last few weeks (ever since we started getting them in the veg box). They all love them, apart from Mr purple pig who nibbles them and looks up at me with a withering look of disgust.

For Christmas they're getting their own mini Christmas dinner-veggie of course.

FernieB Sun 13-Dec-15 21:54:05

Sprouts are evilangry say the fernie pigs! They are just as evil as strawberries and bananas and worse than no food at all!

Mine were starving this evening. They'd only had two breakfasts, afternoon tea, dinner and all day access to hay and nuggets, as well as two of Current Buns special biscuits. Wasting away, they were.

I've not got their Christmas present yet, but will be sorting dandelion bells and such treats this week. They will also have their pre Christmas bath.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 13-Dec-15 21:57:53

Actually , ours were Guinea-2-Suppers last night because they came in early (blowing a gale and DD & I went late night shopping)
Then they were Guinea-2-breakfasts because we went out early-ish to clean the Pighouse, so were fed beforehand.

Little hogs.

WyrdByrd Fri 18-Dec-15 23:09:32

Glad some of the familiar piggies are doing well and looking forward rto Christmas! It's been ages since I've been on the thread as when the hacking incidents occurred the app stopped working on my phone and tablet & I lost my 'favourites' which I used to check regularly.

We won't be having our own little 'at home' family celebrations until 27th but they have started on a packet of Naturals Festive Nibbles today (claw clipping bribes) and have a dried parsley and cranberry Christmas tree in the piggypod.

They have a naturals stocking to come and will get a pack of Sainsbos Taste the Difference stir fry veg, coriander and maybe some melon or strawberries for their Christmas dinner.

DD is planning to get them some posh hay as they usually just have the bog standard stuff from The Range and even DH has mentioned getting them a new indoor run so they will be thoroughly spoilt!

WyrdByrd Fri 18-Dec-15 23:11:21

...and I've just designed and ordered this for DD as her current GP mug got chipped the other day grin.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 19-Dec-15 19:59:36

Ahhh lovely mug of the piggies grin

DH was trying to line up photos of DDs hogs to make a photomug (had to find similar sized, cut and paste ) couldn't tell GP1 from GP3 [tut]

And GP2 looked like a little blob (jet black apart from his fatty eye and teeth)

I think he still has the prototype.

I bought them new Christmas hats . They'd be tickled all shades of pink grin

millimat Sun 20-Dec-15 21:51:23

We need a new hutch as the other one was blown away by the gale force winds to the other side of the garden. Luckily the boys weren't in it [phew!]
I've got the dc a personalised photo jigsaw of the guinea pigs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now