Guinea house accessories.

(8 Posts)
ServingSuggestion Sun 25-Oct-15 16:49:30

Our married couple are indoors in a 4ft cage. Apart from the obvious (food and bedding) they have two large stick houses in there with them for hiding.

What do you have in your guinea's house? Much more and their pad would be a bit crowded, but I'm looking for inspiration for something to entertain them or more likely provide another nap location

Palomb Sun 25-Oct-15 16:52:04

Tubes! Sometime I buy them shapes made of parsley and they go mad for them but they are a fiver each so it's a real treat.

Basically anything Guineas can eat or get inside will make them happy grin

ServingSuggestion Sun 25-Oct-15 16:55:55

Great idea, thanks. I will have to get a large one as one of my pigs is <ahem> rotund.

Palomb Sun 25-Oct-15 16:57:17

grin all the best pigs are!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 25-Oct-15 17:16:26

Our pigs have a Pighouse (recycled wooden playhouse) so they have their sleeping/haybox ( one of those garden trunks with two 'doors' cut out)
a trug filled with hay (again with a door cut)

a tube (plastic bendy)- even our lardy sow can fit in that and turn round <<impressed>>
they have HopInn tunnels for outside but I need to repair the edges

boxes

when they come in at night (we'll start at Guy Fawkes) they have a 4'2' cage (solid plastic base/wire lid) and I have some grids to make a run.
Last year they didn't use the run much so it's easier all round to give them the cage stuffed with hay . They go out to their Pighouse in the daytime.

Anything they can eat/shred/hide in basically ticks the boxes grin

dietcokeandwine Sun 25-Oct-15 17:37:00

We have two married couples in two plastic indoor cages, each pair have two pigloos, a hay tunnel and a plastic ball. Outside they have a long bendy plastic tunnel and a large stick house in each run.

Occasionally we give them cardboard boxes or brown paper carriers with hay or other treats in. And a cardboard tree at Christmas grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 25-Oct-15 17:44:09

Oh yes, Primark bag (without handles- and you don't need to pay the pesky 5p )

Though we have ructions where the sows go into the bag and the boar (who is lovely but not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer) sits on the edge and closes it.
The sows go ballistic , he;s got his "What's occurring" face on.................

They could eat their way out of a paper bag even if they couldn't punch their way out grin

ServingSuggestion Sun 25-Oct-15 18:41:54

Brilliant ideas. Thanks all. Loving the paper bag and cardboard tree grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now