Talk

Advanced search

Rabbit hutch and run combo recommendation

(3 Posts)
Blowitout Sun 18-Oct-15 19:51:06

I am currently fostering a bunny and have a temporary hutch for it which is too small. I am overwhelmed by the choice available on the market and it is impossible to tell which are the best value and most practical. If anyone has a hutch with built in run (preferably min 5ft x 2ft hutch plus bigger run) with an all-enclosing rain cover, that you would whole heartedly recommend - please help! Thank you. Oh and budget up to £200. Is this realistic?

Lowdoorinthewall Sun 18-Oct-15 21:17:01

Have a look at the 'runaround' stuff. You may be able to keep your current hutch but get a connector tube to attach a run.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 18-Oct-15 22:51:25

I don't have bunnies, I have guineas but they live in my DC old wooden Playhouse (we bought it when my DD was about 3yo , she;s now a teenager so it has lasted well).DH has made a few adjustments to bring it up to their exacting standards.

No hutches for them, they have the run of the floor and a haybox to sleep in (glorified plastic storage trunk with two cutout doors)

But the haybox is bigger than most of the hutches and the floor layout is about 6'6" x 6'6".

So could you find a secondhand shed for the rabbit? (Look on Gumtree)
Cut a doorway and fashion a tunnel from heavy duty wire (you'd need to protect his feet so either bury the base in soil or line it) and connect to the run?

Most rabbit accomodation out there is pathetically inadequate.
A decent shed protects them, gives space to play and potter about. You could add levels for interest.

And you know that you won't stop at fostering just one rabbit , don't cha?...........wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now