Talk

Advanced search

Eglu hutches for guinea pigs/rabbits-any difference?

(2 Posts)
MuddhaOfSuburbia Fri 31-Jul-15 13:39:46

HOORAY

we are getting some wabbits- a pair, dwarf

we have the offer of an unused eglu gp hutch

is there any difference between the piggy hutch and the rabbit hutch? I've been scratching my head over the dimensions on the omlet site but can't for the life of me work out what the difference is!-apart from I think they need a different run?

I don't want to go down the flimsy pets at home bunnykins farm route

(they would have a MASSIVE run, loads of attention and come indoors for the winter- or at least have different accommodation in a sheltered part next to the house- so the eglu would be mostly for the warmer months)

tia

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 31-Jul-15 17:16:19

Congratulations on the rabbits grin and lucky you getting an Eglu (they are £££) Are they offering it to you for free or reduced price?
They are advertised as being warm in winter/cool in summer (so I presume for all year round) and though they look fabulous, the actual hutch seems really small IMO.

With rabbits you can let them have access to outdoors all the tme but pigs don't cope with damp/draughts so they'd end up being confined .

The wired base wouldn't work for my pigs but I'd need to move it round and secure to the ground with metal pegs.
The rabbit run looks like it has a 'skirt' to stop digging.

How tall are rabbits on their hindlegs? and can they do the '3 hops' in the run?

The foxproof idea is reassuring though. Could your bunnies use this with the 2m run while you're not in and have their bigger run when you can supervise them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now