Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Piggies gone quiet

(10 Posts)
PinkSpottyHat Tue 28-Jul-15 23:20:31

We've had our 2 female GPs for a year now, and they've always been chatty little things, shouting at us every time we walked past for food etc.

We went on holiday last week and they stayed with PIL. Since they've been home they've stopped squeaking. We still here them occasionally but there's no mad excitement when we top up hay/throw in veg etc. They seem happy and normal, just not making noise.

This is very unlike them, should I be worried? PIL haven't had guineas before but did have rabbits so I know they'll have treated them properly. It's just so odd.

fridayfreedom Tue 28-Jul-15 23:27:33

Mine went very quiet after we moved them to the shed for the summer.
moved them back indoors and they started squeaking again.
now keep them indoors despite dh moaning, its non negotiable!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 28-Jul-15 23:28:04

Are they eating,poohing and peeing?
Maybe your PILs just fed them tonnes so they didn't feel the need to wheek?
Maybe they were a bit nervous and hid?
They are prey animals so they'll tend to hide , but they'll realise they're home soon.

All the familiar sounds and smells of home.
Treat them to parsley and some nice dandelions smile

(My piggies are going on holiday next month, we;ve not been away from them, so it'll be nerve wracking for DD)

PinkSpottyHat Tue 28-Jul-15 23:37:18

Oh they have always been indoor piggies so used to that smile

Still eating like, well pigs! They seem happy enough. Just not as noisy as I'm used to. PILs did say they were v.v shy and only bully girl ever came out of their house voluntarily. Our shy one is really very shy even with us so that's no surprise. They loved the peas I gave them today but still not enough to give me any thanks grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 28-Jul-15 23:48:23

You won't get any thanks. You'll get Judgey Disdainful Looks until the piggies think you've been punished enough.

Then they'll nibble whatever niceities you proffer with "Well, I don't really want this but my bum will clamp up if I don't".<< Martyred sigh>>
Then run off nomnomnom-ing until they BABAGOT (Buils A Bridge And Get Over Themselves wink )

PinkSpottyHat Wed 29-Jul-15 08:45:14

Hahahahaha yes that's exactly it! Well, they're a bit livelier this morning, positively abusing me because I didn't immediately give them goodies when we came downstairs. grin

Theas18 Wed 29-Jul-15 08:47:40

They are just being judgy and showing you thry missed you!

FernieB Wed 29-Jul-15 10:02:09

They're just punishing you for going away.

PinkSpottyHat Wed 29-Jul-15 10:17:18

Ah I love them, I knew they had personality but I didn't realise it would be this much. They definitely didn't care when we went away for 5 days in April. Clearly 7 is just too much lol.

ImBrian Thu 30-Jul-15 07:09:50

70 you describe pigs so well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now