A year ago today, we got the Guinea-Girls :). Happy Gotcha Day !

(7 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 09-Jul-15 18:21:19

Our two sows, GP4 and GP5 , came to live with us and GP3 (who was neutered and bonded with them)

Our ladies had been part of a huge Rescue, they had both been weaned away from their piglets and sent to the Rescue where we got them. So they were very confused and bewildered (oh, okay, Judgey grin ) when they came home.

DD and I had loads of names but I couldn't think of one for a white pig (DD liked 'Elsa' . GP5 is Himmy so she's called Oreo. GP4 is a lovely sand/white/black called 'Trinity' )
I couldn't even sit GP5 on my lap when she arrived, she was so skittery. She;s now calm, about 50% tubbier and settled.
GP4 settled her paws right under the table.Last night she leapt off my lap to pee on the fleece (good girl smile )

They are larding in the garden run with GP6 , their new(ish) husband.

I'll get DD to post photos.

tadpole39 Thu 09-Jul-15 18:29:08

Happy anniversary to the 70 sows!

They certainly landed on their paws!

FernieB Thu 09-Jul-15 21:10:55

Wow - is it a year already? I still think of them as newbies. Mind you, it's nearly 4 months since Gingerpig adopted us - time has flown.

Hope your girls are enjoying their daythanks

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 10-Jul-15 12:28:59

grin the photos of Gingerpig as a GingerPiglet now a big sleek glossy boy - amazing difference .
They do embrace the Life of Leeshure don't they ?

Too warm for the pigs to go out just now, they tend to have late night grazing at the moment while DH reads outside then they all stand at the bars and look judgey while DD and I prepare their supper and bed.

Nice life eh?

FernieB Fri 10-Jul-15 20:06:26

70 - when your DH is reading outside, is he reading to himself or a story to the pigs? I have images of your pigs listening to 'The Hungry Caterpillar' with rapt attention.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 10-Jul-15 21:15:07

Most likely to be Terry Pratchett or some weirdy sci-fi type book
The pigs are ooohhhh grin

fortifiedwithtea Sat 11-Jul-15 14:44:00

I had images of piggy bedtime stories too grin
This year has just flown. My DD2 has been at secondary a whole year and is so more grown up.

I can't believe we still have Coco. Her list of ailments grows and grows but she keeps going bright eyed and interested in the world, eating pooping and weeing. DD1 found a small lump growing under her skin on her side sad last week.

Congratulations GP4 and GP5 on finding yourselves in a lovely home smile Don't forget to demand cake wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now