Talk

Advanced search

Soggy pigs!

(6 Posts)
FernieB Fri 26-Jun-15 17:48:00

My boys have had a lovely day (apart from a minor hawk incident) in the garden until 10 minutes ago when the heavens opened and it poured down. Being a good pig mum, I dashed out to get them but the little blighters kept hiding from me. By the time I'd got them both we were all wet through. hmm

They've just had warm towel cuddles with my DDs ( who magically appeared once we were all in). I'm still dripping a bit as I had to rush out to fetch food bowls etc. confused

BTW - the hawk incident was when I putting them out. A hawk swooped low over our fence and narrowly missed my head before returning to its normal position of circling high up. Never seen them in the garden before.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 26-Jun-15 18:41:44

shock at the hawk (I see birds of prey hovering near the A12 but I think they're little kestral types)

I'll wager the boys were completely hmm "YaTalkingTaMe?" at the hawk so a bit of rain (okay a downpour) wasn't going to ruffle their petticoats.

The 70 hogs are out larding and will be until DD gets back from gymnastics (unless we have a downpour in which case I'll wrestle them in, but GP4- DDs tricolour sow- has become an uncatchable demon. Thinks it's a huuuuuge laff to dive behind the wooden box housie)

Enjoy the warm towel snuggles boys, and remind Fernie that this excuses you from bath night wink

ImBrian Sat 27-Jun-15 20:32:32

Do you let them have run of the full garden? I'd never catch mine they still think I want to eat them.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 27-Jun-15 20:49:15

My garden (though it has high fences) isn't pig proof (plants, foxes, too many spaces they can escape too)

They have a big rabbit run ( it;s about 84" long ) that we move about.

The hogs are still out, being all popcorny and chasing each other.
Mad as Hell because DH mowed the lawn this morning hmm

WyrdByrd Sun 28-Jun-15 22:39:09

Aww, poor wet piggies. Bet they enjoyed the snuggles though smile .

Luna & Bella have to have a small blanket or towel plopped over them in order for me to pick them up & get them back in their piggy pod.

Baguettes Mon 29-Jun-15 13:35:34

Aw! Wet pigs are cute. Ours are indoors so escape the British weather but after bath time a nice snuggle in the towel does the job perfectly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now