Talk

Advanced search

Rat help!

(9 Posts)
SnipSnapCrashCrack Wed 10-Jun-15 13:32:56

Just been to feed my lovely topaz boy (5 months I think) and noticed blood inside his ear, he has got very sharp nails which I am going to try cutting but he's so wriggly it is nearly impossible to do more than one at a time.
I thought it was a scratch outside his ear but The bloods inside.
Will take him to the vets if I have too but I've just found the dogs got fleas too and just been to get him treatment so will have to borrow money off family which I was hoping to avoid if possible.
What should I do to clean it?

SnipSnapCrashCrack Wed 10-Jun-15 19:37:30

He's fixed grin

SpaceKoala Wed 10-Jun-15 19:53:48

Glad he is ok
What was wrong with him?

TheoriginalLEM Wed 10-Jun-15 19:56:05

Much cuteness smile

SnipSnapCrashCrack Wed 10-Jun-15 20:20:29

He seems to have scratched far down in his ear and each time he re-scratches it and shakes his head he undoes the clot over it and covers everything in spots of blood sad
He has antibiotics just incase and is currently glaring at me even after taking his head collar off so he can eat grin

RattieofCatan Sat 13-Jun-15 13:06:26

I'm amazed that youre keeping the collar on him! Mine w9uld have that off in seconds grin poor thing though, I hope he heals quickly!
What antibiotics is he on? Just outof curiousity. I'm compiling a list for my breeder on dosages and things.

Purplepixiedust Tue 21-Jul-15 09:01:19

Someone suggested to me putting a stone in the cage for them to climb on to wear down there claws a bit. I am going to give it a try with mine.

NorahBone Thu 23-Jul-15 23:19:53

I've seen it recommended that you put a stone under their water bottle so they have to climb on it every time they want a drink. We have a lava ledge for our degus which screws onto the side of the cage.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 17-Feb-16 21:48:18

Bump for Blue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now