Talk

Advanced search

If you want to make your small pet happy this winter......

(7 Posts)
Nancyclancy Sun 07-Dec-14 01:38:08

Buy a snugglesafe heat pad. I was sceptical at first and wasn't convinced out two little guinea pigs would use them. But they love it!!!
They are currently housed in our porch and although it's dry and draught free, I felt they were lacking some heat so I bought one of these pads.
I checked on them this evening, warmed up the pad and when I went back to give them their food, they were both sitting on it!
They looked really, snug and cosy!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 07-Dec-14 11:14:08

smile
We got one for GP1 & GP2 (still going strong with GP3/GP4/GP5 )
Look online for good prices (we paid £14 compared to £22 in P@H)

When our microwave was on it's way out (and the turntable stopped turning) we had to replace it because I need to heat the pig-pad.
And my DD heats things for herself but that's irrelevant wink

I took off the fleece and use a fresh newspaper cover (fleece gets well stinky)

FernieB Mon 08-Dec-14 07:49:11

They do seem lovely but we are a microwave free house (I had one in my last house which I only ever used to melt chocolate - about 4 times in 6 years), so my boys have to manage without. They have lots of blankets and carpet under, over and around the cage for insulation at night and are always warm when I pick them up.

tiggydiggydee Mon 08-Dec-14 10:08:30

That's good to hear Nancy! Our piggies and bunny are in the utility room but I've been worrying that it's still a bit chilly at night. I have just ordered 2 snugglepads online much cheaper than the pet shop (thanks for the tip 70!)
Toasty piggies here we come hopefully!

sanfairyanne Tue 09-Dec-14 19:50:56

they rock
we bought a microwave just to heat them (and hot chocs) grin

tiggydiggydee Tue 09-Dec-14 22:34:55

snugglepads arrived today...elderly bun has spent most of the day sitting on it like a big fluffy pancake while crunching a carrot! So far the pigs are just looking at the snugglepad with a slightly hmm look on their faces!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 09-Dec-14 23:31:09

When I brought the pigs in tonight, GP3 was perched on the Snugglepad covering most of it with his lardy arse.

He thought he was keeping the girls off it <<rasp, I'm warm>>
They were sniggering at him perched on top of the pad like a ballerina grin

Guineas do take a while to trust anything new and fangled (to quote Old Boy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now