Talk

Advanced search

Excessive humping!?

(3 Posts)
beaverbill Tue 04-Nov-14 19:09:14

We have a lovely male rabbit who is around 14 months old, he seemed lonely though so we decided to get him a mate. We had him neutered and have just bought a young female to be his companion. We are slowly introducing them but whenever we do, he acts like all of his Birthdays have come at once.
She just lays there while he humps her head, side, everywhere (he's not fussy!)
Should I intervene? If she's not biting him, does that mean she doesn't mind?
I feel very sorry her...she's only young!

FernieB Thu 06-Nov-14 21:58:42

Have you neutered your female bun? She needs spaying for behavioural and health reasons (cancer is very common in unneutered females).

Rabbits can hump. What he really needs is for her to give him a nip and tell him off ��. If she's not reacting then she's not too bothered.

beaverbill Fri 07-Nov-14 18:58:12

Thanks for replying Fernie. We only got our girl this weekend, dodge hasn't been spayed yet but she will be. She is only young and seems a little scared of him, he just dives on her. I'd like her to nip him and make him stop but he is clearly the dominant one. He is much bigger than her at the moment too. I think we'll have to spray him with water when he gets too much for her.
How old do females need to be in order for them to be spayed? I can't remember when my previous doe was done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now