Fireworks and The Super Furry Animals

(8 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 31-Oct-14 21:55:08

Tomorrow it'll all kick off here.
There's been Diwali Fireworks
Random fireworks at the end of the evening last week

There was a big display tonight but not near us,

But Saturday and Sunday right through to the 8th hmm

They'll come in tomorrow night until it's all over (out in their Pighouse by day). Even though they'll hear more in the small bedroom, but they can have the radio yabbering on.

Keep safe little mammals everywhere (and the not-so-little) smile

sanfairyanne Fri 31-Oct-14 22:17:19

brought ours in although i swear our house is noisier grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 31-Oct-14 22:37:41

grin YY to the house being noisier. My dad asked me if I'd brought them in yet "they'll be scared" he said.
Though in the Pighouse the doors and windows are sealed, they have a haybox full to the roof with hay.
Indoors, (GP3 was in last winter with GP1) the girls will stride about judgily and do a "what's this what's this " at the fleece (in a vain attempt to keep them cosy and comfy).

And they will be right next to DH and I with no door on their room so I'll be able to hear them mithering bless them

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 03-Nov-14 00:31:25

It was DH mithering last night at the pigs doing their cardboard chewing at 2am.
The Primark bag I gave them looked like it has been through a shredder (and soaked in pee) after one night.

Earlier on a rally of fireworks like a bomb going off shock as I brought them in.

WyrdByrd Tue 04-Nov-14 20:44:02

Our girls came in on Saturday & will go back out on Sunday.

They are in their piggy pod on DDs windowsill (well Luna is currently on my shoulder tucked into my dressing gown - was a bit emotional after watching Downton on catch up blush ).

Has not been too bad here so far - worst thing is the horrific mess indoors.

Also had to swap their water bottle for a dish last night as it appears they only drink at night & they make an unbelievable racket.

FernieB Thu 06-Nov-14 22:02:23

Mine don't bother about fireworks. We live very close to a place which has a huge display so it gets very loud here. The pigs sleep through every noise that isn't the fridge. Current Bun spent the evening in the conservatory where he could see and hear the fireworks but slept on his chair instead. He woke us all up later, banging his feet because an owl flew overhead.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 09-Nov-14 20:44:30

I put the guineas out tonight (in their Pighouse so they are all enclosed and have hay up to the roof of their haybox to protect them)

Just doddered down to give then a Snugglepad and put their heater on low.

Still the odd firework blasting away angry
It's the 9th FFS hmm

WyrdByrd Sun 09-Nov-14 21:36:00

Returned our girls to their garden home this morning...what a performance.

We'd had the Piggie pod on DD's windowsill initially with woodshavings and hay, which made a mess outside the cage, so swapped the other day for towels & fleeces. Unfortunately I massively underestimated how much wee they produce blush and sorting them out this morning was utterly grim.

Had to put them in the (empty) bath to keep them contained, chuck the towels etc, brush out the pod then dismantle it to get it downstairs. Cleaned, disinfected it and put in fresh shavings & hay, fresh & dried food and water. Then we bathed and blow dried them, gave them some sliced grapes as a treat and popped them back outside with a hot water bottle.

They are NOT coming in next year unless I can get a proper, cheap indoor cage!

Of course this evening we've not only had the loudest and closest fireworks all week, but also a raging thunderstorm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now