Talk

Advanced search

Think we're ready for a new bunny!

(14 Posts)
Weegiemum Thu 20-Feb-14 12:09:20

You were all so nice a few weeks back when our lovely Speedy died. He's in the garden with a mini weeping-Willow planted on him.

Decided we don't like the house without a rabbit and so we're going this weekend to collect a new rescue bunny.

She's called Alice, doesn't like other rabbits but is happy with cats - in fact the SSPCA lady looking after her referred to her as "half rabbit half cat". House-trained, black and white with big lop ears.

I'm excited, we met her last weekend when she was still having vet treatment for ear mites, but she's free to go on Saturday!

FernieB Thu 20-Feb-14 17:44:47

Oh Weegie I'm so pleased you've decided to get another bun. Alice sounds lovely. I know what you mean about a house without a bun - mine felt empty for ages until I rescued Current Bun.

Hope Alice settles in nicely and is soon binkying and lolloping and doing 'upsidedown bunny' like all happy bunnies do grin

FernieB Thu 20-Feb-14 17:45:31

Lops are lovely - their ears bounce when they run smilegrin

Weegiemum Thu 20-Feb-14 21:25:54

Speedy was a mid-gray lop and gorgeous. In fact dh stipulated (he was working, we went without him) than New Bun had to be loppy too.

So Alice will come. I'm hoping a neutered girl won't bother the guinea girls the way Speedy was wont to do - he lurrrrved them!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 20-Feb-14 21:54:15

Aww lovely news, welcome Alice (are you going to keep her name? )

My big bolshy boars will send some tips on "How to deal with bunny rabbits" by guinea-e mail to your piggies.

Not that they've any experience but they were both from Rescue (so there were rabbits) and last year they were in the same building as two bunnies on holiday . So self professed experts grin

FernieB Fri 21-Feb-14 00:15:17

Current Bun detests 'those wretched pigs' but my piggie boys love him and will follow him around for hours if they're allowed. Even if he lies down for a snooze they stand next to him and just stare.

Hopefully Alice is used to the sight and sound of pigs after being in a rescue and finds them too dull to be worth bothering with.

Weegiemum Fri 21-Feb-14 00:20:20

We're keeping her name. She's pretty!

Guinea-girls would love to meet your boys I'm sure. They were pretty adept at seeing off the Speedster if he gained access - oldest fattest girl drew blood on his nose and has done the same to the cat. There's a girl you don't mess about trying to mate with when you're not her species!!

FernieB Fri 21-Feb-14 11:45:10

Sounds like she would get on well with Current Bun - they could ignore each other happily grin. He puts up with a lot of harassment from the pigs but if they push it too far (trying to climb him/chew his ears) he gives a warning grunt and they back off - only an inch and then stare at him again confused

Can we have pictures of Alice please?

fortifiedwithtea Fri 21-Feb-14 12:10:25

Alice sounds lovely. Excited for you smile

Weegiemum Sat 22-Feb-14 16:17:08

Alice is here! She's snuffling round the lounge, having a nibble of some crunchy things, and now has got brave enough to start rubbing her chin about claiming things. She's enjoyed being groomed, and is waggling her ears!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 22-Feb-14 16:31:32

Happy Gotcha Day Alice.
She sounds like she's settling in well and getting to know you all and her new surroundings.

But I can feel the Judgey Guinea-Vibes from here

"Oh, for the Love of Jeff, another of those long eared cotton wool tailey things , all Binkey-Binkey and wriggly nose"
"Guinea-Pigs don't need to rely on Binkying and wriggling. We can Popcorn and wheek "
wink

Hope they get on amicably even if they don't become friends. (The piggies might let Alice in their garden, if she's good) grin

FernieB Sat 22-Feb-14 19:10:33

Doubt it 70 - my boys don't let Current Bun in their garden.

So happy Alice is settling in. She must feel at home if she's deciding what is hers shock

FernieB Sat 22-Feb-14 19:11:16

Hope she realises how lucky she is landing on her paws in such a good home.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 23-Feb-14 10:01:08

smile how was the first night?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now