Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bigger cage?

(4 Posts)
GoldieBear Wed 19-Feb-14 16:22:23

I have a Hagen zoo zone large cage with 2 guinea pigs. It was fine when we first got them (as babies) but I think they're getting a bit big for it now.
I can't seem to find online any kind of add on cage to add another tier.
Does anyone know of another brand I could buy another level that would fit? or good value 2 tier cage?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 19-Feb-14 19:26:55

Hi Goldie - I had a quickie Google of the Hagen Zoo. I don't think there's any safe way to add on.

Trouble is with guinea-pigs, they don't really do levels and ramps when they get older (and lazier) grin

Have a Google of C&C cages . You can add to them, add levels, remove them if your guineas don't like high rise living and change the shape of it to suit.
If you have cats or dogs, you can make a cover to keep them safe.

You could keep your original cage to use as a spare, or sell it?

(I saw a huge cage in Jolleys Pet Shop a while back, but the problem is where it goes. I bought some of those 'panels' that clip together to make a pen. I put a tarpaulin and cardboard in the base then newspaper. That's what my boars sleep in for winter. We don't have other pets or babies )

fridayfreedom Wed 19-Feb-14 19:37:47

Agree with 70, guinea pigs are not built for anything other than very shallow ramps, that's why the commercial hutches with ramps aren't very good for them .
We use a large plastic based cage.140cm long but I would get an even bigger one if I had room.

GoldieBear Wed 19-Feb-14 20:14:43

Hmmm ok thank you. I'll have a look for a wider 1 level cage.
Wish I had a bigger house

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now