Talk

Advanced search

rehoming budgies

(3 Posts)
bluebluecow Tue 18-Feb-14 21:16:56

we have had two budgies for a few months. they were bought for our dds. They promised to look after them, clean them,
spend time with them but this hasnt happened at all. We are all out most of the day and the budgies are stuck in their cage, neither are tame. I know now that we should never have got them. I have found a lovely lady who loves budgies and has them free flying around her home to take them. problem is dd(10) is now really upset and doesnt want them to go. She says she will clean them etc but I know that wont happen. To be honest I am finding the noise and mess hard to deal with and would be happier for them to be re-homed but not sure nowconfused

Mogz Tue 18-Feb-14 22:31:31

I think you know what the right thing to do is. Put your foot down with your dd, she had her chance already and these are living creatures that deserve a good life, not a toy that she can get bored of. Homing them with that lady sounds lovely. Sorry it didn't work out better.

OnceUponAThyme Tue 18-Feb-14 23:02:59

your dd had her chance. give the budgies to their new home so they can be happy and you'll be happy not stressing about the birds and knowing that they are in a better place for them.
I wouldn't give in, if no-one is caring for them and they're stuck in a cage 24/7 then where's the joy in having them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now