(13 Posts)
firedengines Tue 04-Feb-14 11:56:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

working3jobs Tue 04-Feb-14 11:59:54

the bin?

firedengines Tue 04-Feb-14 12:03:40

Pannacotta Tue 04-Feb-14 12:05:55

Could you get a small trowel to bury it with? You wont need a huge spade but the bin seems wrong I agree.

firedengines Tue 04-Feb-14 12:09:55

DorothyGherkins Tue 04-Feb-14 12:10:22

I d go with the woods option. Are there children insisting on a proper burial? Can you drop it off at a vets for disposal?

Perhaps use a tablespoon rather than a spade in the woods. After all this rain the ground won't take much digging? Do you have access to a river or stream , give it a water burial, float it downstream with a garland of flowers?

Sunflower49 Tue 04-Feb-14 12:12:38

Do you have a good friend or anybody you like who has a garden?

firedengines Tue 04-Feb-14 12:14:13

DorothyGherkins Tue 04-Feb-14 12:15:20

If its woods with deciduous trees, you won't even need to dig, just make a scraping in the dead leaves, you ll be able to do it with gloved. hands, I m sure.

DorothyGherkins Tue 04-Feb-14 12:17:16

I dont know if the vets would charge, tell them its for a cash strapped granny you re doing it?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 04-Feb-14 12:41:12

Can you put in in the freezer (well wrapped up in foil/ clingfilm) until they can collect it?
They do start to , erm, smell after a very short time.

But if you do bury him, put a stone over the top to save him being 'retrieved' by foxes.

teenagetantrums Tue 04-Feb-14 14:15:22

I live in a flat, our hamster died, my DD wanted to bury it, so i got a big flower pot and a flower we buried the hamster in the pot with the flower on top, when she went to bed i dug up binned the poor hamster, she was happy and im sure the hamster didn't mind, we still have the flower that she thinks has grown over her dead hammy,

DorothyGherkins Tue 04-Feb-14 15:53:20

Aw teenage, what a resourceful solution. I love the hamster flower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now