Talk

Advanced search

Indoor Furries - which room do you keep them in?

(13 Posts)
FernieB Thu 23-May-13 18:50:27

Just wondering really, as I'm redecorating and pondering whether or not to move the pigs. They are currently in the pigroom dining room, and the rabbit spends the night in there too. They all used to live in the kitchen. The rabbit spends most of his time during the day in the conservatory and living room (and is sometimes sneaked upstairs by my DD's me for bedtime cuddles).

Am contemplating a move for the pigs to the utility room but am worried they may find it noisy (although they did sleep through the house alarm going off at 2am).

guineapiglet Thu 23-May-13 18:59:27

Hi Fernie - good luck with your decorating, I have just done our stairs and study ( they were a highly attractive 'rust' colour and now a gleaming white - for how long I wonder) - I have had to keep myself busy indoors due to the super weather outside. But I have to say, the paint fumes have really got to me, so I would worry about having sensitive guineas anywhere where there is damp fumey paint, if it can be at all avoided. They might enjoy their holiday to the utility room - look on the brightside, you might not be able to hear them singing early doors if you do move them!!! Result!

guineapiglet Thu 23-May-13 19:00:57

PS> Plus, if you have got wet paint anywhere on the walls, you really dont want animal fur ( rabbit or otherwise )getting on it whilst it is drying, or indeed a rabbit with go faster stripes down his back!

Floralnomad Thu 23-May-13 19:05:42

My mum keeps her piggie in the utility room which is a very busy thoroughfare and very noisy , her piggy is incredibly old and has had several near death experiences so I can only assume they like noise .

BonkeyMollocks Thu 23-May-13 19:06:44

Mine are in the living room.

Tv/Radio is on most of the day and night when dh is up , a 5yo stomping around and throwing god knows what across my lovely laminate floor angry . They got used to it pretty quickly and now don't even flinch.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 23-May-13 20:30:12

GPs would probably be quite at home in the utility room because they like to see people working.
Only thing that might irritate them would be any condensation?

My little black boar could get a white stripe down his back and pretend to be Pepe Le Phew grin

FernieB Fri 24-May-13 09:55:25

Mine are certainly stinky enough to be Pepe Le Phew (think the dreaded bathtime is looming).

guineapiglet - all my boys have been kept well away from paint fumes/wet paint, although I had a near miss last night with a curious Current Bun creeping up behind me when I was touching up some paint work in the conservatory (he was not supposed to be in there) - he nearly had white whiskers grin.

I think the pigs may well move into the utility (it's very dry in there and after all, it's where their food is kept) and we'll see how it goes - suspect Current Bun will be glad to be rid of them. Just thought, if they move in there, I won't be able to hear their early morning singing - yippee!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 24-May-13 10:20:19

grin @ early morning singing!

I slept in the living room last night (I have a cold, Dh has a bad back - it saved a huge argument about who was keeping who awake wink ) . I woke up this morning about 4.30 because of the darn noisy feckers birds and moved ever so slightly. The boys must have have been waiting because suddenly wheek wheeeeeek shock .

I silently prayed for them to shut up and then I did not move until 7.30ish. hmm

Giraffeski Sat 25-May-13 14:57:14

Ours are in the utility room, handy for hearing the fridge next door and squeaking!

Giraffeski Sat 25-May-13 14:58:36

And they don't seem to be bothered by the washing machine/ dryer being on about three times a day!

Sleepingbunnies Sat 25-May-13 22:07:40

grin I'm imagining a rabbit with go faster stripes!

FernieB Sun 26-May-13 08:28:12

Giraffeski - thanks. I was worried about the noise from the washing machine etc, although actually, I think the pigs are louder.

Curlybrunette Sun 26-May-13 09:56:20

Mine are upstairs, our ds's had their own bedrooms but decided they wanted to share so now ds2's room in the piggie room. I wish they were downstairs with us but dh couldn't be persuaded envy

They come down on an evening and have free run of the downstairs they hardly move, like to sit under the coffee table next to me and I often sit them with me on the settee when I'm working during the day (computer work). I had them down on Friday, 4.5 hours I was sat on the sofa and they didn't move at all. They could possibly be the laziest creatures I've ever met!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now