Talk

Advanced search

Dh is not a happy man

(6 Posts)
headlesshorseman Tue 13-Nov-12 22:37:34

Because she-bun has eaten the wire of his headphones even though he knows he was a prat to leave them dangling

She never used to chew, but since new he-bun got here she's getting worse!

She and he-buns now get on very well, are they conspiring against us?!
What else can I do to stop here chewing? They have boxes/ logs/ toys to chew and most of the wiring is protected, its mainly the wallpaper and the skirting boards now!
Help!

fortifiedwithtea Wed 14-Nov-12 00:11:21

Well he won't make that mistake again. I speak from bitter experience as one of the girl piggies chewed through my tumble dryer cord last week wink.

My guineas seem to copy naughty ideas off each other hmm. Maybe its the seem with buns. No suggestions I'm afraid. Think you're going to need to extra bun proof and give up on wallpaper. Sorry.

BonkeyMollocks Wed 14-Nov-12 11:41:54

Bunny proof EVERYTHING . there is nothing else you can do!

<remembers why I dislike Rabbits>

And tell the stoopid arse not to leave wires around! wink

FernieB Wed 14-Nov-12 13:02:27

With our previous chewy bun, we had the simple house rule of 'everything within bun's reach belongs to bun'! If we didn't want something to be chewed (or given frilly edges) it had to be put out of reach.

Just bunnyproof everything. It's tough with wallpaper and skirtings, but we did have some success training previous bun not to chew by using a spray bottle filled with warm water - she was sprayed whenever she chewed and she soon learnt. Current bun is not particularly chewy except will help himself to magazines/newspapers - the amount of general knowledge he's digested is incredible.

BonkeyMollocks Wed 14-Nov-12 13:07:32

Fernie Everytime you say 'current bun' it makes me grin

headlesshorseman Wed 14-Nov-12 20:19:30

yes she does like the daily news fernie
we shall give the spray bottle a go, but how do I bunny-proof skirting boards?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now