Talk

Advanced search

Just had the rabbit PTS [sad]

(12 Posts)
seeker Mon 12-Sep-11 12:44:20

she was vaccinated, had mosquito nets over her hutch had her hutch disinfected every week, but she still got mixi. sad, the vet said he's seen more than usual over the past few weeks, so make sure you all take all the precautions you can.

KRICRI Mon 12-Sep-11 15:22:05

I'm so sorry to hear about this. It must have been awful for you both. It is such an awful disease.

Joolyjoolyjoo Mon 12-Sep-11 15:24:54

Oh no. sad It's such a horrible disease. At least you know you did everything you possibly could to prevent it. Whereabouts are you?

seeker Mon 12-Sep-11 19:23:44

We're in Kent- sittingbourne ish. So if you're in the same area be aware.

Tenebrist Mon 12-Sep-11 19:39:02

Blimey that's so sad. I had no idea the little furballs could get it even when they're vaccinated.

seeker Mon 12-Sep-11 21:16:20

It's scary. Apparently it can be wind borne, and we've had alot of wind round here recently. There are loads of wild rabbits round where we live- she could have got it from them.

seeker Mon 12-Sep-11 21:17:31

The vet said the vaccination is only about 75% effective.

mymumdom Mon 12-Sep-11 21:22:53

I'm sorry to hear this seeker but not surprised.We've got a lot of wild bunnies in Middlesex with it. Usually if they are vaccinated it gives them a fighting chance. Without the vaccine, they have none.

hellymelly Mon 12-Sep-11 21:34:26

How sad,I am sorry. I had heard it was on the increase again,I wonder why? It is such a horrible disease.

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 12-Sep-11 21:39:12

Sorry to hear this seeker, how sad.
Hope you can take a little bit of comfort in the fact you took every precaution you could.

GypsyMoth Mon 19-Sep-11 17:55:56

Ours had it too, just had him pts. Got another one to watch out for as wellsad

We are right next to the fields, vet said the humid weather has a bit to do with it too, he's sadly seen a fair bit over last few weeks

Such a lovely little rabbit he was

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 19-Sep-11 17:59:32

Sorry to hear this sad news Seeker and ILT sad sad. Perhaps your rabbits will meet up in bunny heaven?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now