Talk

Advanced search

Rabbits...anyone want two sisters?

(11 Posts)
annieversaire Wed 03-Aug-11 17:28:23

I was about to flounce (or re-flounce) but realised I had been wanting to post about our rabbits for ages and obviously can't if I dereg again...so here goes.

We 'fostered' two baby rabbits a couple of months ago and now they are getting large, and I've tried to introduce them to the older female family we have and it didn't go well.

So I tried to put them on freecycle after a notice at the vets didn't succeed, and got told off for that as it's not allowed.

We already have various pets and are runnng out of space. So if anyone would be interested in two 3 months old females, black with a few white bits, please pM me or post here and you are welcome to come and have a look smile .

BTW I'm not a hairy trucker and have been here since 2007 but have a new name. I'll tell you who I was if you like so you can check it out, but only by pM!

Thanks.

annieversaire Wed 03-Aug-11 17:28:41

sorry, we're in the south east. I forgot to say.

UnSerpentQuiCourt Thu 04-Aug-11 22:02:36

I wish we were in the South East - good luck!

annieversaire Fri 05-Aug-11 07:35:43

Thankyou!

I've got them in a large pen during the day but they keep getting out and running off...we have an enormous covered walk-in run for the others but they just don't get on, so can't go in there.

I'm getting a bit desperate!
Has anyone got any other suggestions for trying to find them permanent homes?

annieversaire Fri 05-Aug-11 07:36:30

<considers posting rabbits to USQC in jiffy bag>

(not really) grin

UnSerpentQuiCourt Mon 08-Aug-11 20:51:01

Would consider receipt of jiffy bag if I had had time to disinfect after Rabbit On Holiday With Us died of myxy two days after arrival. sad

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Aug-11 20:52:59

i am in the south east...
DP will not like it if I say I'll take them... but if you really really can't find them another home then PM me and I'll have them,

(am in crawley if that's anywhere near?)

madeupstuff Mon 08-Aug-11 21:02:41

DP-to-thisisyesterday here - and yes - you can have the 'bits - I'm sure they'll be very cute.

They will be cute won't they?

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Aug-11 21:12:26

grin

i can have them i can have them i can have them!!!! grin

will pm you annieversaire

annieversaire Mon 08-Aug-11 21:29:18

Oh LOL at you two! grin They are all yours TIY and MUS and I'm really grateful. If it ain't too far for you that is, as I said I can meet you half way or something.

Serpent, what a shame, I'm so sorry. It's a bad way to go isn't it. Poor thing.
We did lose a chicken last week but I don't think she had anything the bunnies would catch, and wasn't near these ones.

<does happy dance to celebrate rabbits finding home> I shall miss the little devils actually.
They are enormously sweet, Mr TIY. Fear not wink

Mwa ha ha ha

thisisyesterday Sat 20-Aug-11 22:03:59

hello annieversaire!

the buns are settled in our indoor hutch at the moment. it was all a bit hectic when we got back so we decided to leave introductions with the other rabbits until tomorrow or monday when less children are around!

they look very happy and have had plenty of cuddles grin

the boys are chuffed with them, so thank you very much!

hope ds is ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now