Talk

Advanced search

Rabbit runs

(4 Posts)
norksinmywaistband Thu 16-Jun-11 20:12:25

I have a lovely rex rabbit- only 8 weeks old atm
He has a large hutch and spends his evenings indoors with me and although I would love him to be an indoor rabbit I did not realise until I got him that my laminate floors would be impossible for him to stay upright on. He is fine in the lounge but sadly is unable to roam the whole of downstairs like I wanted.

Anyway I am now looking to purchase his outdoor run - Have kept him indoors as he was only vaccinated this am.

I am mostly concerned about the height of the run, most of the commmercial ones seem to be 2' in height, but he already jumps that height and I want him to be able to fully exercise when outdoors in it. I will need a top to the run as may need to leave him for short periods and there are several cats locally

Any advice welcome

BabyDubsEverywhere Sun 19-Jun-11 14:11:12

My tip would be to get a chicken run, They tend to be taller and you can get ones that you can keep adding meter long sections too to get the size you want for him, lots of height for him to do rabbitty things in smile Trying to find a link of one i mean.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHICKEN-POULTRY-HEN-COOP-HOUSE-ARK-RUN-C6-EXTRA-LARGE-/400103312618?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item5d28040cea

Ive used two of these for my Quails, i only paid £35 each though so they can be found cheaper than the link.

FernieB Mon 20-Jun-11 09:16:19

You could also persevere with the laminate. I had an indoors bun who managed fine with our laminate floors and even negotiated the marble stairs. She could get to a good speed running on the laminate, although saved her binkies for the rugs. (She did have a few skidding issues just after having her claws clipped).

norksinmywaistband Mon 20-Jun-11 20:49:39

Think I will have a go at making my own run.... but thankyou for the link It definitely gives me a idea of sizes.

There is nothing to stop him venturing on to the laminate, but after the first attempt he just sits and looks at it! hoping he might get more confident as he gets bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now