Talk

Advanced search

How does your cat walk down the stairs?

(9 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sun 05-Dec-10 19:53:25

Any cat I've ever had has walked down the stairs what I consider to be normally. So their back legs move one forward, one back.

Have a newish cat that when going down the stairs her front legs do that, one forward and one back. But her back legs bunny hop down the stairs together. Looks really odd. I thought she'd injured herself at first but she's fine and still doing it.

Is it just mine or is this more common that I think?

SantasNutellaFairy Sun 05-Dec-10 19:55:54

I have 2 cats. One bunnyhops and the other one doesn't. They are siblings. The one that bunnyhops does have very short legs though.

Lancelottie Tue 14-Dec-10 10:28:16

One of ours stalks down with dignity.

The other clings to each step, eyes the next suspiciously, sticks a paw down, bundles down two steps at once and rolls over in and 'I meant to do that, honest' sort of way.

They're the same age and size, and oddly Klutz Cat is the better at tree climbing.

Sonea Tue 14-Dec-10 10:29:27

Tangled round my feet as often as possible - that cat is going to be the death of me one day. grin

werewolf Tue 14-Dec-10 10:30:32

One of mine bunnyhops and the other doesn't. The bunnyhopper is smaller and shorter.

NoahAndTheWhale Tue 14-Dec-10 10:31:40

I have no idea blush.

May take the cat to the top of the stairs and see what she does grin

Egg Tue 14-Dec-10 10:35:19

mine usually half runs and half tumbles down. She is still a baby tho.

ClaireDeLoon Tue 14-Dec-10 10:39:51

What Sonea said grin

Mine stalk down, one did bunnyhopping (and he's normally very elegant cat with long legs) a few weeks ago and I think he must have had a slight leg injury, he's back to normal now.

Menagerie Mon 03-Jan-11 11:54:51

Mine thunders down so loudly, half the time I think it's my DH. But never noticed the paw work. Will look out for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now