Talk

Advanced search

No more coke

(18 Posts)
dontsitdown Mon 30-Dec-19 19:20:34

Things have got pretty out of hand, am almost classing myself as an addict rather than a user.
Things need to change, have big plans for travel, home improvement etc next year which are all possible if I stop sticking this shit up my nose.
Anyone fancy joining me? Am disgusted at the amount of money I've wasted on it

Desolate2nite Sun 05-Jan-20 12:38:33

Hi I stopped doing in October, same reason as you, it was getting out of hand. I'm feeling so much better for not doing it. Do you have a lot of friends doing the same? I found I had to change my circle to be successful

dontsitdown Tue 07-Jan-20 21:17:06

Well done, that's amazing!! Are you still tempted? Most of my friends only do it very occasionally but I do it with my husband. To be honest its always me instigating it, hes happy not to but if I put a line in front of him he cant say no.
Did some at the weekend but have promised not to do any during the week and determined not to this weekend. Have even requested more shifts at work to try and deter me.
It's so bloody hard to stop but such a waste of money, plus the come downs are getting really bad.
Any tips on how to resist?

Desolate2nite Wed 08-Jan-20 22:07:46

I just read up a lot about and the damage it can do to the heart etc and thought I can't go on like that. The comedowns were starting to effect my job, they were getting so bad. I know if I was still mixing with the same people I'd probably cave in, so I keep away from them. You just need to stay strong xx

dontsitdown Thu 09-Jan-20 19:16:30

Thank you! Really struggling tonight, it's so stupid as felt so good today after not doing any since the weekend. Might treat myself to something with the money I would have spent x

Ilovepinot Sat 11-Jan-20 20:22:33

Go on a holiday, somewhere you know you won't be able to get any for a couple of weeks to break the habit. Delete all numbers from your phone, do not see friends that use.

Desolate2nite Sun 12-Jan-20 23:01:29

It's hard if your partner does it too. I had to finish my relationship to get myself sorted. I feel so good now. If you want, pm me and I'll tell you my whole sorry story xx

dontsitdown Tue 14-Jan-20 19:53:27

There's no way I want to end my marriage, my husband wants to stop as much, if not more than I do. It's always me suggesting getting some.
Am on day 5 without any, cant remember the last time I went this long. Feeling really good, loads of energy and feeling very positive. We've worked out how much we've been spending and are looking at holidays tonight that we'll be able to afford if we dont do it. Think it will be good having that to focus on.
Thanks for the messages x

YasssKween Tue 14-Jan-20 20:12:12

Well done on 5 days OP, you're nearly at the one week mark which is really tough to get to.

I'm over two years clean now and while I've lost LOTS of friends who I now realise were more than happy to be funded by me but not to be there for me I am so proud of myself.

Bit gross but one of the things that helped me most was looking at pictures of the physical damage it can do long term e.g nose and thinking how Id feel if I woke up one day and it was totally fucked.

Or if my mum had to find me overdosed and would find out how I was living my life. Thinking through worst case scenarios in a calm and pragmatic way helped the danger feel more real.

I'm so proud of myself, I got totally out of control and felt like I was having a heart attack a few times every week.

Hold on, you'll feel brilliant when you're free from it thanks

Ps counselling - lots and lots of counselling and be 100% honest with the counsellor, they've always heard worse and then some!

YasssKween Tue 14-Jan-20 20:14:32

And goes without saying but delete all numbers from your phone and stop seeing enablers who do it too. They might be able to "just" do it socially but you have recognised you want and need to stop. You can't see them at the moment in situations where it could possibly happen.

Also go abroad if you can save enough money - a week somewhere overseas means you are less likely to buy because you (should) be scared of being arrested out there or meeting someone really sketchy to pick up. And you can hopefully have a really nice holiday which makes you realise you can have fun without that wretched stuff.

I don't miss it at all either. I thought I would but the thought of it now makes me physically sick. Sending you good vibes thanks

dontsitdown Wed 15-Jan-20 19:27:27

2 years is fantastic, well done!! Its so stupid but the thought of never doing it again really scares me.
Still feeling pretty strong and actually dont even fancy any.
Have deleted numbers and am not drinking
Thank you xxx

dontsitdown Wed 15-Jan-20 19:29:29

@Desolate2nite I don't know how to private message but if you don't mind sharing your story could you private message me please. I'd really appreciate it x

Piddy68 Wed 05-Feb-20 23:51:15

Well done of realising there was a problem and having the guts to do something about it. I was in a very similar situation although when I told my husband I didn't want to do it anymore and didn't want him to bring it into our home he became very aggressive (not physically though). He left me (turns out it was actually for another woman!) but I supported him when he admitted his problem was far worse than I knew and he is now sober although sadly the girl he left me for now has the benefit of the new improved him! .

Hats off to you and your husband for facing this together and I hope you truly go from strength to strength. Kudos to you both and remember there is always a good support network here for you. xx

LuluBellaBlue Wed 05-Feb-20 23:57:21

quitting the devils dust is the best thing you could ever do for yourself!
Awful, awful stuff - And I talk from lots of experience hmm
It’s been over 3 years now and I did it once in that time, and even then had one line, went ‘oh yeah this is what it feels like’ and promptly left the group and went home as I didn’t enjoy it at all anymore.

I had to change social circles and stop drinking, but these days I could be around people doing it and am never tempted.

I really wish you luck OP, it’s one of the best things I ever did.
Oh and if you do have some, do not beat yourself up! Just start again. For me the beating myself up was the worst part x

jelly79 Thu 06-Feb-20 00:05:54

Good for you OP!

I would suggest steering away from all temptation particularly alcohol indefinitely for obvious reasons

dontsitdown Thu 06-Feb-20 20:05:51

Thanks everyone and well done for quitting!!! I have had a couple of slips but am doing far dar less than I was.
Feel so much better for it, actually waking up with energy, not being short tempered with the kids and enjoying life again.
Its going to be a long road but I'm definitely headed in the right direction xx

ParkheadParadise Thu 06-Feb-20 20:13:54

Well Done @dontsitdown
Hope you manage to quit for good.
My dd had a drug habit. She did eventually quit for good.

ilovetomatoes Sat 22-Feb-20 22:30:13

Glad to have found this thread. Been a heavy user for years and really want to stop but don’t know how.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »