Talk

Advanced search

Please dont judge me I'm so ashamed :(

(4 Posts)
loopylol1990 Tue 10-Dec-19 06:09:44

I'm so unhappy in my relationship. Been with my partner for 5 years and have a 3.5yo son. I suffered severe PND when he was born and my partner was no support at all. Anyways things have got worse in relationship and we barely speak to eachother pretty much just house share. Iv tried talking to him even wrote letters to him but nothings changed. I'm so depressed iv turned to gambling and spending money I havent got. I'm so ashamed of myself and know I shouldn't do it but cant seem to stop myself. I dont feel like I can talk to him about it either as theres just no closeness etc between us. I just feel absolutely s***. Dont really know what I want from this but thanks for reading anyways

pemberleypearl Tue 10-Dec-19 06:18:37

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. I think you need to have a think about your relationship, speak to your GP about your mental health and seek some help for the gambling. You've done so well speaking here. I hope you are able to feel better soon x

Bluntness100 Tue 10-Dec-19 06:37:11

You need to seperate the two issues op. One is your relationship thr second is your gambling addiction. You also, and I mean this gently, need to take personal responsibility for the latter.

Speak to a doctor about your mental health issues. On the gambling front there are support organisations about someone will be around to advise, but clearly thr first thing is closing all accounts and ensuring you can't use them again.

Have you develeoped s debt issue as well? Because a plan to manage it would be worthwhile.

In thr meantime you do need to talk to your partner to see how you can both improve things, and if not plan to seperate.

Bobbielee91 Mon 27-Jan-20 21:29:38

Please self exclude permanently from every gambling company which you hold an account with.

Speak to your GP about your PND and maybe get some counselling to discuss both problems x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »