Talk

Advanced search

Gambling Addiction

(6 Posts)
Hadalifeonce Tue 09-Jul-19 09:48:34

DH has a gambling addiction; I cannot make him see this. Any one have any idea how I can as I am really stressed by the situation?
When I talk to him, he seems to think it's just a flutter, and I know he has always liked to gamble, he cannot see that blowing £20,000 including stealing money from our child, and now cashing in pensions secretly are huge red flags about addiction.

Hadalifeonce Tue 09-Jul-19 10:52:59

Bumping

Clutterbugsmum Tue 09-Jul-19 12:05:19

Unfortunately he will not see until he has gone through all the money he can get his hands on. And hopefully he has no access to money in his job.

The only thing you can do is leave and protect yourself and your child. The fact he has stolen from his own child and is still in denial is very worrying.

Hadalifeonce Tue 09-Jul-19 13:57:59

I am trying to remove all sources of money, am about to change my will to make sure the children have funds in trust.
I have also told his father (very elderly), and he is going to change his will. I desperately need DH to see he has a problem.

Clutterbugsmum Tue 09-Jul-19 15:55:04

I desperately need DH to see he has a problem.

You can't make him see an issue where he doesn't think there is one. He an addict and like all addicts he will not admit there is a problem.

Which is why you need to remove yourself to protect both yourself, DC and any assets.

Hadalifeonce Tue 09-Jul-19 19:27:52

In my heart I know I can't actually make him see his problem, I suppose I am hoping that someone will have had s similar problem and a lightbulb moment happened over something.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »