Talk

Advanced search

I feel so lonely at times

(4 Posts)
crampytoe Mon 24-Jun-19 21:48:40

My DH is addicted to cocaine. Fresh out of rehab but seemingly relapsing already (lethargy, sleeping, shuttling himself away). It's been going on for years now and I am really struggling with it particularly at the moment. I am tired of carrying on as normal whilst he sticks his head in the sand. I'm trying my best to support him without enabling him but am struggling. It's like he lives in a bubble where he doesn't see or care how his behaviour affects others.

Any constructive advice as to how best to cope would be appreciated.

peanutbutterandbananas Mon 24-Jun-19 21:59:50

Can you speak to your GP about getting support for you, or try Coda or something for yourself? It must be so hard xx he is so lucky to have you! biscuit

crampytoe Mon 24-Jun-19 22:11:07

GP will just refer me to independent drug support agencies. Have seen a counsellor myself which helps. I'm sure my friends (whilst supportive) are sick of hearing my moans and think why do I stay. It's just so disheartening.

Fleetheart Wed 26-Jun-19 04:37:01

Have you considered that you don’t have to stay? You don't have to sacrifice your own life for someone else’s even if you care about them. Ultimately addiction can only be confronted by the person who is addicted. Your boundaries may well be the thing that changes the landscape for them. At some time you have to value yourself strongly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »