Talk

Advanced search

I need advice on staying off coke

(22 Posts)
WakeUpFromYourDreamAndScream Sun 30-Dec-18 14:37:56

Good luck OP thanks

SpunBodgeSquarepants Sat 29-Dec-18 23:09:20

Thank you so much everyone!!

@wakeupfromyourdreamandscream - worryingly I'm probably a better mum whilst I'm high. I'm more chilled out. But he never ever saw me high - I'd only do it once he was in bed. Unfortunately he saw me zombie-like after being awake all night quite often. Which meant I was grumpy and boring quite often. I'm so disgusted when I think of all the days I didn't move from the sofa or play with him, or cook him proper meals because I just did not have the energy.

I thought I could drink and not be 'triggered' into thinking about it. But maybe it was all the booze over Christmas that had it on my mind earlier? I think I'll completely cut out alcohol too. It shouldn't be a problem for me.

Thank you so much for all your support. It's been 16 days now!! I'm definitely going to do this. I'm going to be twice the parent I was.

DiaryofWimpyMum Sat 29-Dec-18 21:11:13

15 days is great just keep going one day at a time. If you've stopped when pregnant you can do it again. Best of luck!

CosmicCanary Sat 29-Dec-18 21:07:09

How are you able to care for your child whilst taking coke

You would not believe the jobs people do after taking coke!
It does not make you incapable/unconcious in fact it probably leaves you in control more than a bottle if wine would. I am not condoning it by the way.

TulipsInbloom1 Sat 29-Dec-18 21:04:07

She isnt taking coke.

anotherdayanotherdinner Sat 29-Dec-18 21:03:58

https://smartrecovery.org.uk/

Maybe have a look at the above website, I've heard good things about smart recovery

WakeUpFromYourDreamAndScream Sat 29-Dec-18 21:02:00

How are you able to care for your child whilst taking coke?

WakeUpFromYourDreamAndScream Sat 29-Dec-18 21:01:57

How are you able to care for your child whilst taking coke?

MysteryNameChange Sat 29-Dec-18 20:55:44

I'm sorry but I would be very careful of going to a GP for help and having addiction issues on your medical record. I'd have a good try yourself first, obviously if you need more help then you need more help. People can and do stop taking drugs without outside assistance. And in some areas even if you ask for help there is none available.

TulipsInbloom1 Sat 29-Dec-18 20:52:56

Splitting with an enabler is half the battle. And you are two weeks in. You can do this.

anotherdayanotherdinner Sat 29-Dec-18 20:52:39

You are doing amazingly, 15 days is a long time especially without support. Just take it day at a time. Just for today I won't use. Make a plan for the day, hour by hour if needed and stuck to it. Definitely look into NA or CA meetings, get a sponsor and some emotional support from people that have been there. You got this, stay strong

sherrysfortea Sat 29-Dec-18 20:51:59

You need to seek out support for addiction in real life OP.

Do you still have means of getting it yourself?

SavageBeauty73 Sat 29-Dec-18 20:50:21

Try NA. My friend had to give up drinking as alcohol would lead to coke.

Good luck. Think of ALL the benefits.

MysteryNameChange Sat 29-Dec-18 20:50:15

It is totally doable! I know lots of people including myself who've just stopped doing it.

Timeforabiscuit Sat 29-Dec-18 20:49:32

Narcotics anonymous are a good shout for support too, have a google for local groups.

Timeforabiscuit Sat 29-Dec-18 20:48:22

Adding a hand hold, i know coke is a fiendish one to get off, but completly doable. Great that the ex is off the scene, have you got anything that can fill your time? How are you doing physically?

jollyjester Sat 29-Dec-18 20:48:17

Congratulations on 15 days clean!

Think of the money and health benefits.

Do you have any real life support or do you attend meetings?

MysteryNameChange Sat 29-Dec-18 20:47:55

Could you try an Narcotics Anonymous group or something? I know lots of people who've had to stop drinking for a bit to stop taking coke because they can resist it until they have a drink. Would that help? You've done really well stopping. Lots going of keeping busy and doing nice stuff for yourself. Self care stuff.

katienana Sat 29-Dec-18 20:46:14

I don't know anything about addiction but I think you should try and get professional help, I hope somebody who knows more will be along soon. Well done for the 15 days you've stayed off it so far x

TulipsInbloom1 Sat 29-Dec-18 20:45:38

Hopefully someone will be along soon who has been through this - you arent alone OP.

Are you up to attending any groups? How old.is dc?

SpunBodgeSquarepants Sat 29-Dec-18 20:44:04

Anyone? I'm struggling tonight

SpunBodgeSquarepants Fri 28-Dec-18 20:34:51

So I met my now ex in December 2012. I found out shortly after we got together that he was a regular coke taker. I stupidly didn't walk away at that point, and even more stupidly I agreed to try it around March 2013. We'd do it weekly, not very much - we'd share a wrap. I actually stopped for a while whilst I was pregnant but started again immediately after I'd given birth. Gradually it increased till I realised last month I had a real problem. We were doing an 8th at least every week.

It's now been 15 days since I've touched it. That's the longest I've ever gone since starting I think. He finished with me last week so at least now we can't tempt each other into it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay clean. Already I'm not craving it as much, and definitely don't miss the sleepless night and consequent tired as fuck day after.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »