Talk

Advanced search

Had a cigarette after 10 weeks of stopping.

(6 Posts)
CrazyOldBagLady Thu 13-Dec-18 00:36:50

Mark Twain said "Giving up smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times".

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's just a little blip, the important thing to do is don't fall off the wagon completely. Bin the pack you have and carry on as a non smoker. If you were on a diet and you had a wedge of chocolate cake on a bad day, you wouldn't quit your diet, you would just strive to do better the next day.

It's hard, but it's possible.

SlowlyShrinking Thu 13-Dec-18 00:30:48

Just don’t have another one. Concentrate on your achievement so far and how much better you feel (and smell) now. Well done on stopping!

LurpakIsTheOnlyButter Thu 13-Dec-18 00:19:49

Keep on quitting. Move past it.

I am about 6 or 7 years smoke free never ever thought I would do it. Best thing I ever ever did.

You can do it. It's only bloody fags, it's not like you never get to eat food again 😄

HeddaGarbled Thu 13-Dec-18 00:16:54

The really really important thing now is not to think that one cigarette means the end of you giving up smoking. You’ve gone 10 weeks without smoking and have now had one cigarette. That’s brilliant. Your partner is being unrealistic and unsupportive.

I’m an ex smoker. The occasional lapse is not the end of the world. But a lot of people think once they’ve lapsed, they’ve ruined everything and give up. Don’t give up - you’re doing great.

loveiseverything Thu 13-Dec-18 00:08:10

It's one cigarette in 8 weeks. Your having a hard time and just needed that. Do NOT allow anybody including yourself be angry about it or disappointed. It isn't the end of the world. Tomorrow is another day. The best of luck to you 🍀

ILoveACupOfTea Mon 30-Jul-18 21:14:10

Sorry, didn't know where to put this as there's a lot going on my life just now that could probably cover many topics.

I stopped smoking just over 2 months ago. My mental health was steady, well enough to help kick the habit. Mentally I was strong enough to do it.

Since then a lot has happened, pretty much snow balled in the past week. Not wanting to go into too much detail, but my mental health has taken a nose dive. To the point I have an Intensive Home Treatment Team coming into see me. (Been close to being admitted a few times)

I went and bought a packet of cigarettes, not intending on smoking them all, as I don't want to do that, but today I really needed one. My partner is, understandably angry and annoyed about it and now I'm feeling like shit.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I don't want to go back to smoking and I don't want to fail, it's just a lot has got to me recently. Have I made the situation worse?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »