Talk

Advanced search

Gambling addiction

(5 Posts)
user20386 Sat 08-Jul-17 18:26:30

Hi, I have a bad gambling problem and about to lose everything from it. I want to stop but feel powerless at the moment whilst my mood has dipped. I feel so guilty on my kids and I can't sleep at night due to money worries. I have bipolar and always seem to be addicted to something.
I don't know what I hope to gain from writing this I guess I just need some support as too embarrassed to speak out in real life.
Anyone out there come through a gambling addiction with their life still intact? Where do I start 😫

user20386 Sat 08-Jul-17 19:42:05

Anybody??

nicenewone1 Sat 15-Jul-17 14:49:37

My husband was addicted to gambling years ago. He did swap one addiction for another for a good while, just a lesser one until he kicked them all. When he thinks back now, it's like it happened to someone else.

So there's hope, but you need to get some help if you can't do it alone xx

nina26 Sat 29-Jul-17 14:43:36

Hello, I have the same problem. Feeling really disgusted with myself. I stopped for years,was fine and started again.
Maybe if you can pm we can chat further.
It is possible to stop with the right mindset. Stay focus on the kids in the mean time. I know how hard it is.

StevieG213 Tue 31-Oct-17 20:25:15

I too have the same problem. I am about to have my first child and I worry that I can't control myself. Have you been to GA or a counsellor to talk about it? I find that this helps. There is also a chat room on the GA website so you can connect with other problem gamblers x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: