Talk

Advanced search

Jive Bishop and The Surfettes: Surfing on

(972 Posts)
ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 13-Jun-17 17:01:24

Welcome to our support thread for anyone struggling with cocaine. Whether you want to quit, cut down or are someone whose life is affected, all welcome.
We offer non judgemental advice, tips, some absurd chat and most importantly lots of support and encouragement.
Come and join and we'll hopefully all help each other to surf the urges! smile

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 13-Jun-17 17:29:34

I think it's fair to say we've had an eventful few days, with a few relapses and a telling off from MNHQ for some of our antics blush but we're still surfing!
We all have our moments, but I've found this thread really encouraging and supportive.

serialtester Tue 13-Jun-17 19:00:46

I can't believe my antics. Throwing away 6 months! Still, onwards and upwards. I'm basically not leaving the house ever again.

serialtester Tue 13-Jun-17 19:07:01

I'm glad MNHQ deleted the thread. Posting while high was a really silly thing to do. Being high was silly. I have no idea why after so long I sploshed. Madness.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 13-Jun-17 19:50:02

Don't beat yourself up Serial. This "journey" (sorry wanky phrase) is going to have it's ups and downs. I've made a lot more mistakes than you along the way.
Sometimes a long time clean you start to think you can go back to it and it'll be alright/different this time if that makes sense. It does make you feel invincible. I've made some stupid decisions high that's for sure.

Back on the surfboard, looking forwards.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 13-Jun-17 19:51:22

I'm just glad you posted here. I thought it was just me and my new thread grin

HoochiMama Tue 13-Jun-17 19:59:47

I'm here too Lost! Well done for setting up the new thread.
Serial*, you haven't thrown away 6 months at all, it was just a minor slip up confused Maybe for the best that thread was deleted, you can just pretend it didn't happen, all evidence removed ha ha!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 13-Jun-17 20:06:43

Good point Hooch if only we could go back and delete parts of real life grin I've made a right idiot of myself on many a night out.

Just read your post on our old thread Hooch. You've really been through it with your ex and his addiction issues. Hug from me.

Enjoy your (hopefully sensible) evening all.

serialtester Tue 13-Jun-17 20:24:53

Super sensible evening here! I've been wearing a wetsuit, snorkel and pyjamas for the past 24 hours while lying in the bath!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 13-Jun-17 20:53:05

Yes that sounds sensible. grin
I'm all pyjamered up here too like a sensible Susan.

serialtester Tue 13-Jun-17 20:59:26

I'm eating a magnum like proper sensible women in adverts do. All the oven dishes are hidden!

HoochiMama Tue 13-Jun-17 21:07:37

I've just had a bath too but it was a bit too hot so I'm sitting in the garden in my nightie (not flannelette)

Thanks* Lost* I could write a book, I seem to always go for the bad boy confused Better off single I think!

Ah Serial bless you, surfing for England grin

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 13-Jun-17 21:07:40

I'll always think of you when I hear the words "oven dish". Hopefully we can all learn from it. The Parable of the Oven Dish.

serialtester Tue 13-Jun-17 21:33:13

It can be my legacy! Le oven dish.

ponzusoup Tue 13-Jun-17 21:49:20

Found you ! Hello. Second night of tea only. Bored shitless. Ho him. Think still suffering from post election night come down.

Board well oiled. Onwards and upwards.

ponzusoup Tue 13-Jun-17 21:50:55

Ho hum. Not ho him. But maybe ho him as well. I'm blathering and I'm utterly sober.

serialtester Tue 13-Jun-17 21:59:09

I am also bored shitless ponz. Ho him sounds like a niche order from the takeaway!

DustyDuck Tue 13-Jun-17 22:06:15

Had medical g&ts for post work stress disorder. But that's all, pyjamarised and contemplating another nasty day at work with drama queen who's just unfriended me on fb. confused

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 14-Jun-17 08:23:19

Morning all brew
Ponz you're having a virtuous week. You'll be a tea connoisseur soon.
Hope you have a better day at work today and aren't too stressed out Dusty. I can't stand FB dramas. FB is best for happy stuff and funny cat pictures.
I've noticed as I get older stress is definitely a trigger for me. I have possibly the longest list of triggers in the world.

It's a beautiful day. I'm walking to work and running home so will likely be exhausted later!

ponzusoup Wed 14-Jun-17 09:31:22

Morning.

I think you can turn anything including a sunny day into a trigger lost!

Well I can.

Anyway - question. When I click on threads I'm on in MN this was doesn't show up. So I have to click back through the old one. Arse pain. Any ideas why?

As for FB I don't use it. Managed to avoid all
Social media except for MN. Good or bad I don't know.

Happy sunshine everyone.

serialtester Wed 14-Jun-17 11:47:14

Are you on a mobile ponz? The mobile site is playing up at the moment.

Sunny days are a trigger. Am already dreaming of a post work gin.

ponzusoup Wed 14-Jun-17 12:47:08

Serial It's working now. Its the only thread I post on!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 14-Jun-17 16:23:19

I'm dreaming of a post work Mojito with ice and mint floating in it..
Unfortunately, I have to run home first, argh it's really hot here! Dreading it. I might admit defeat and crawl home walk sensibly instead.

serialtester Wed 14-Jun-17 16:36:15

Walk home! It's too hot to run!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 14-Jun-17 16:46:10

That decides it then, I'm walking home via the pub. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now