Talk

Advanced search

My sibling has gone in for the 5th time .....

(15 Posts)
ninenicknames Mon 06-Feb-17 21:09:44

My DB has gone in to rehab again - 5th time.

After 18 years. 4 failed rehab attempts. 3 detoxes. 4 custody sentences. Many many convictions, for a 5th time DB will attempt another rehab for heroin addiction.

My family have NEVER faltered in their love and support for him.

Addiction is evil. Evil. It has robbed my DB of a normal life, it has robbed my Mum and Dad of a son.

He is the walking dead.

We thought we had lost him yesterday.

We can only hold hope, hope that this time he may say the light.

I pray for him.

Good luck DB ..... 🙏🏼💙🙏🏼

lightbulbmoon Sat 11-Feb-17 06:51:03

all the best to you flowers

serene12 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:25:39

It's often said that addicts have many relapses(rehearsals), before they recover, from the dreadful disease of addicton. I hope that yourself and your family are getting support, Families Anonymous have helped me, to take care of myself and I know I cannot cure my loved one. Take care.

Tootsiepops Sun 12-Feb-17 21:29:39

I hope this is the attempt that sticks. I lost my brother 2 months before his 30th birthday. That was five years ago. My parents never recovered. My dad died a year later, and my mum died three years after that. Addiction is the worst thing that ever happened to my brother and my family.

ninenicknames Mon 13-Feb-17 04:21:12

My gosh Tootsie that is tragic, I am so so sorry for such a dreadful loss.

My Fathers words today "when there is life there is hope"

UnbornMortificado Mon 13-Feb-17 04:27:12

Nine I wish your brother well flowers

I have a friend who's an alcoholic, she's really bad at the moment, I dread my phone ringing incase it's someone telling me she's dead. I imagine when it's a family member it's so much more painful.

Addicts can change and I hope your brother does.

Tootsie I'm so sorry flowers

Littleballerina Mon 13-Feb-17 04:33:57

Nine when you said, 'My family have NEVER faltered in their love and support for him.' that touched me. One day he will feel that.
Here's hoping that this is his time to start living.

ninenicknames Mon 13-Feb-17 08:57:13

Such kind words from you all.

We haven't heard anything so we have to assume the detox (that's only the start) is going ok.

It's been a week now.

Ohyesiam Mon 13-Feb-17 11:07:37

Really feeling for you all.
Hope it works out this time. Your brother has a loving family, and one day when he is clean he will see that for the gift it is.flowers

UnbornMortificado Mon 13-Feb-17 11:36:25

I think it's brilliant you and your family are standing by him through everything.

It must be a lot harder when it's family then it is when it's just a friend but I have been so exasperated in the past I've ended up in tears. My friend did a 9 month sentence got sober came out and went straight back on the drink.

Won't do rehab or ask for help she's now took up begging so she can afford more drink and I'm at the end of my tether.

It's maddening.

cocochanel21 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:50:46

Hope everything works out ok for your DB.

My dd did rehab twice. Every time i used to think this will be the time she manages to kick the habit for good.

Addiction is a nightmare for all involved.

PastysPrincess Thu 16-Feb-17 20:03:41

Addiction is shit, I hope this is the time they get sober xx ❤️

ninenicknames Thu 16-Feb-17 20:06:58

We heard from DB today. He is doing ok.

This is only the very start thou.

cocochanel21 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:21:56

That's good news.

UnbornMortificado Sun 12-Mar-17 18:36:36

I lost this thread off my active. Really hope rehab worked nine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now