Talk

Advanced search

Cocaine is becoming a problem

(5 Posts)
pinkypiecupcake Wed 28-Dec-16 05:18:18

Hi there,
I'm looking for some advice because I started using coke as a coping mechanism and I think it's getting out of control.

I get it from a person I do not know, and I did delete their number the other day to stop myself buying anymore, but my cravings were so intense I restored my phone so I could get some again.

What on earth am I going to do?
I'm a single mum who's had a really unlucky year. I think I'm going to use new year as a starting point.

Yes coke does cheer you up a bit but when it runs out im so low, but generally I know the successful days and weeks I've had without it I did just fine- why do I feel I need it? Is it habit/ritual?
I only crave it when I've just had some and run out but apart from that I know it's in my head and not physical.

Got nobody to talk to about this & can't see a dr encase they take my child away- the thought terrifies me.

Any advice appreciated x

JustGettingStarted Wed 28-Dec-16 06:15:51

Narcotics Anonymous. You can speak to someone there who knows what you're going through and can't report you because it's anonymous.

ladyface69 Wed 28-Dec-16 06:27:07

Hey pinkypiecupcake

you could research coke on FRANK or depending on where you live access drug and alcohol services and work with them to reduce your use. Narcotics anonymous is good my friend has used it in the past.
It is massively addictive and you will crave it, it must be worse if you are using it in your home environment as the association with when and where you do coke will be harder to break. As opposed to only using it with a certain person or only when you go out for a drink - minimise your chances of using by not seeing the person or going out for a drink.
But think of the money you'll save.

pinkypiecupcake Wed 28-Dec-16 09:38:50

I know. I've had a shock this morning and blown my nose and there's loads of cartilage and blood- this is a bit of a wake up call for me. I can't have this

ladyface69 Wed 28-Dec-16 20:28:55

Best of luck pinky

let us know how you get on or what you decide to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now