Talk

Advanced search

How to stop??!!!!!

(2 Posts)
Tiddlypoo8 Tue 04-Oct-16 21:50:08

Hello there.
I've recently (last 3 months) had my life turned upside down.
My husband was still married (and married me), walked out on me and my little girl (3), becoming a single mum with no support & now we are losing the house & have 2 months to find a home!!!
It's been hell!!!
Alongside this rubbish time, I suffer with severe PTSD (flashbacks, nightmares, fear) and OCD which is hard enough on its own but together with everything else lately- I've been using a new coping mechanism and need advice...

Since it's become us 2 girls against the world, I can say I've been a pillar of strength. I've surprised myself.
I had a friend who used to sniff occasionally, so I tried some about a month ago & im now in a position about a month later whereby I feel (although know it's not true) I need it to cope.
I know this isn't true because I had a whole day without any yesterday & coped perfectly & slept better & felt so proud!!

I don't do a lot at a time, but I'm spending £20- £30 a day on it recently & I know it's getting out of hand.

What can I do at those weak moments when I'm stressed, feel I need some, but want to resist???
Those are the weak moments I use it to give me a happy feeling when I feel overwhelmed by my current position.

I don't want to be lectured- I realise I am doing wrong & that is why I am here because I want to do something about it.

wishesandkisses Tue 14-Mar-17 19:58:51

Go to a drugs service they can and will help in a none judgemental attitude. Writ diaries on what you did (drugs etc) why you did it, how you felt during and after. You can see what the stress is and learn to deal with it. It's so easy to say yes to having the stress taken away for a few hours (to then feeling guilty when you come down). Saying no seems so much harder. But sit on it, cravings only last 10 minutes. Go do something to take your mind off it. Have a bath, draw, look into mindfulness. But honestly. Go get the help, it's free and reliable. You can do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now