Talk

Advanced search

Sculptura filler, anyone used?

(8 Posts)
Cortina Thu 08-Jul-10 14:09:09

I've been reading about this recently. It stimulates your own collagen to 'grow back', it causes some sort of inflammatory response. In the right hands it can look fantastic, apparently, but there is a slight risk of complication.

Anyone tried it?

Anyone tried a dermal roller while I am on the subject?

beammeupscotty Thu 08-Jul-10 21:53:49

I have been having Sculptra now for several years and can only say the results are long lasting (2 years+) and fantastic from the right operator. My lady is a nurse who has been using it for many years and is as skilful as an artist, but she said many people had difficulty using it as it often clogged in the syringe. Hence they were using it at greater dilution and the results were less longer lasting. Some people gave up entirely as it was so difficult!. I have never had any complications - you can get a slight bobble under the surface but this is down to the operator mostly. Other fillers only last 6-8 months but new ones are coming out that last longer.
Is a dermal roller a thing with lots of little needles that you roll on your neck before moisturising? My beauty lady used it and said it was brilliant, but sounded a bit too much like pain to me!
Sculptra costs around £300 a time but topped up yearly is not that much.

bunsandroses Fri 09-Jul-10 18:20:08

Sounds great. I am also interested in the derma roller, have a vision of having millions of holes in my face when I come out but that is meant to increase your collagen as well

Where on your face do you have Sculptra?

topsi Fri 09-Jul-10 19:35:16

I am a nurse who does sculptra and I have also had the treatment too. It is a fantastic treatment for lifting the face and putting volume back, I think it is the best treatment on the market at the moment.
Treatments are priced per vial so it depends on your volume loss as to how much each treatment will cost you. You will probably need three treatments.
Derma roller is another good treatment it stimulates collagen as well but at a more superficial level.
You need to have a consultation to decied which treatment is best for you.

beammeupscotty Fri 09-Jul-10 22:04:29

I have concentrated on my nose to mouth lines and the smoothing effect is brilliant. Also had excellent effect on the so called marrionette lines corner of mouth to jaw line. basically where it sinks a bit. Miracle lady also touches up here and there where she sees sunken bits, upper cheeks etc. I have never needed more than one vial a year as its just touching up so far, also only needed one to start off - a little goes a long way! I just leave her to get on with it as she's an artist with the needle!
PS It is v. important to do the after care advised, massaging the lines where the filler is put - not the most comfortable experience, but avoids it going into bobbles.

KJL193 Tue 22-Dec-15 13:34:09

Hi
I've had Juvaderm at Tracy Mountford's Cosmetic Skin Clinic
I went there because they are conservative, but they have underfilled to the point that nobody, not even my husband has noticed any difference
They are now suggesting Sculptra - another £1, 500 at least. I am really disappointed that they didn't suggest this in the first place. They are supposed to be the expert and advise on what will make the most difference to you. Also, I am still waiting for my before photos which they did not show at follow up. Has anyone else had a bad experience with Tracy Mountford? Also what do people think of Sculptra? I'm happy to wait for the results of Sculptra but have read reviews on RealSelf etc where people complain about no results after several treamtments over many months - and it's expensive! Any insights much appreciated!

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 22-Dec-15 13:43:56

Fgs, start your own sodding thread instead of exhuming every zombie thread on fillers you can find

iwantavuvezela Tue 22-Dec-15 13:59:26

smile onlyhereforcamping, noticed as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now