Talk

Advanced search

So, can anyone help me with a new smart casual work wardrobe?

(3 Posts)
WideWebWitch Wed 17-Aug-05 21:04:40

I've recently started a new contract and while I have a few suits which are ok, I'm working somewhere where the dress code is smart casual - i.e. the men are in decent shirts all with cuff links but no jackets or ties, women in trousers/smart tops/trendy not-quite-a suit combos. I have NO IDEA where to start, any ideas? I can get to a John Lewis. I'm too fat for my liking (but can shop in normal shops) but don't give me any of that trendy stuff, I'm too old for high fashion, a la gypsy skirts (I know, they're nearly gone but ykwim) type stuff. Any advice? Pre dd I'd have gone for wide legged black trousers/smart shirts but I can't face my legs in trousers until I've lost more weight. TIA.

Tinker Wed 17-Aug-05 23:33:45

Boring and ubiquitous but Next?

mancmum Wed 17-Aug-05 23:38:35

I would for a couple of nice wrap dresses from M+S and a couple of smart jackets.. I have fat legs and hate trousers and find wrap dresses and boots look very smart and flattering...

Also try long smart skirts from monsoon and per una with a knitted top -- no real need for suits and you can wear this stuff out of work with different jewellry etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now